Bags too heavy to pick up or put down...

GoatusMax

I have an alice bag with 2 extra pockets with a full weight of 54.67. I can't put it down anywhere and the game won't let me equip it on my back or in any of my hands. The only thing I can do is put it in a larger container. I can find no way to get into this back and empty it. Is this a regular occurrence and what, if anything, can I do about it?  Is this a glitch that can be fixed?

It's not really a glitch. It's because you're using mods. 
The maximum weight a player can take into their main inventory is 50, so your backpack exceeds that. 50 is also the maximum weight you can put in a tile on the ground. 

This isn't a "bug", it's by design. 

You can try using necroforge and cheat menu to temporarily disable your characters weight limit. Other than that, there's nothing you can do. 

If the bags total weight (as it appears in your inventory when equipped) exceeds 50, you will encounter this issue. 

Thinking about it, it would be nice if you could pick items directly to both hands, just like zombie bodies and generators. We know that holding items decreases their weight, so technically the character should be able to pick >50 weight (up to a point) items that way. Maybe not directly related, but unified system for picking items is something I posted last year.

26 minutes ago, Faalagorn said:

Thinking about it, it would be nice if you could pick items directly to both hands, just like zombie bodies and generators. We know that holding items decreases their weight, so technically the character should be able to pick >50 weight (up to a point) items that way. Maybe not directly related, but unified system for picking items is something I posted last year.

Could just cap the "decreases their weight" part so that modders can't make it possible to pick up and place an entire team of oxen and a wagon in the trunk of a car.

2 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Could just cap the "decreases their weight" part so that modders can't make it possible to pick up and place an entire team of oxen and a wagon in the trunk of a car.

But you can fit 3 refridgerators in a trunk in vanilla too :P. Or cross the 50 weight mark heavily by expoiting bags full of logs, or other things such as filling containers with water/gas when full (I'd love that being fixed, items over 50 weight should drop on ground in vanilla, I think I reported it in the old tracker, but may fill a new bug report on it). Would still love if furniture couldn't just be put in bugs, but had to be held in hands one at a time (or each piece for multi-tile furniture).

1 hour ago, Faalagorn said:

But you can fit 3 refridgerators in a trunk in vanilla too :P. Or cross the 50 weight mark heavily by expoiting bags full of logs, or other things such as filling containers with water/gas when full (I'd love that being fixed, items over 50 weight should drop on ground in vanilla, I think I reported it in the old tracker, but may fill a new bug report on it). Would still love if furniture couldn't just be put in bugs, but had to be held in hands one at a time (or each piece for multi-tile furniture).

Might be worth doing a new report, yeah. I know we're aware of some of the exploits, but it's possible we've forgotten one or just didn't have the time to look.

Maybe things really just need a "can't fit in" flag . . . 

Archived