Potatoes should require to be cooked and be dangerous uncooked

Faalagorn

It's only the skin that gets this, and only under circumstances, and only in marginal amounts.

Green potatoes have a toxin called solanine, which could nausea, diarrhea, and some mental issues. All potatoes have this, but when they are exposed to sunlight and warmth for a long period of time, they get more solanine and chlorophyll. The chlorophyll isn't harmful, it actually help serves as a warning sign that your potato is bad new bears.

This seems like a ton of work to implement, so I don't see it getting added any time soon.

Also...

PZ has potatoes?

6 minutes ago, TheWraithPlayer said:

This seems like a ton of work to implement, so I don't see it getting added any time soon.

Also...

PZ has potatoes?

Yup, but you can only farm it, as they can't be found. You can also jar them afterwards. There's also canned potato, but it's a totally different matter as they should be ready to eat (and are). 

And actually, I don't think it's much work other than adding a few tags such as 

IsCookable    =    TRUE,
        DangerousUncooked    =    TRUE,

MinutesToCook   =   30,

MinutesToBurn    =    60,

unless I'm mistaken?

P.S. Unless you mean the peeling (which I think even littering mod doesn't have?) and evaluation of toxicity based on the age/type/peeling potatoes, then I agree. I just assumed that the character eats them whole (as you don't want to lose any nutrients in post-apocalypse) and as long as potato is not "rotten", means there's no roots in the potato you should be scared at – and if they are, then a proficient enough cook can use part of the "rotten" food to make meals (which would mean just slicing the roots).

But yeah, I was thinking about solanin there, though I have to admit, I consume the regular European potatoes, only eating sweet potatoes one in my life :).

Edited by Faalagorn
Added more details to the reply