More panic factors

Burger_Time

Currently, character can become panicked only if he sees zombies, so I decided to write a short list of things that can make you panic.

1. Witness murder at first times.

2. Being surrendered by zombies outside the building.

3. Triggering home/vehicle alarm.

4. Being inside burning building.

5. Falling from roof.

6. Sudden zombie appearance (from behind the corners and trees e.t.c).

7. Being under fire.

8. Being damaged.

9. Got bitten.

10. Idk what to add. You can continue list in comments.

Technically there's also panic from treating self when Hemophobic (guess this trait could be adjusted in just seeing blood, not only when treating wounds – something that should be more unfortunate in Zombie world) and of course Agoraphobic and Claustrophobic.

I didn't really analyzed the panic mechanic, but are you sure nothing you listed already contributes to it? I always assumed that seeing just one zombie popping near you (for example near the corner, when entering the building or just turning around) I think I got the panic moodle.

Oh, and I'd also definitely panic when seeing scratch on me, at least until it gets healed, as you're uncertain whether it's fatal or not, which ironically may be even more than being bit – at least you know what will happen to you lol.

Edited by Faalagorn

4 hours ago, Faalagorn said:

I always assumed that seeing just one zombie popping near you (for example near the corner, when entering the building or just turning around) I think I got the panic moodle.

I mean, I'd be really scared if one similar boy jumps out of the corner, but I guess that character panic because he SEE zombie, not because it apeared suddenly.

7 hours ago, Faalagorn said:

Oh, and I'd also definitely panic when seeing scratch on me, at least until it gets healed, as you're uncertain whether it's fatal or not, which ironically may be even more than being bit – at least you know what will happen to you lol.

I agree with you on this! I'd like to see this as an initial state of panic then, once first aid is applied, transitions into Anxious as the relief of being being bandaged would feel 'safer' but the unknowing potential of infection would keep you on edge. 

3 hours ago, Tails said:

another thing that should panic from is a gunshot in the distance.

I feel this would also lean towards more anxiety and worry then panic. but a great suggestion none the less.

Some things I thought may fit in are;

-When a weapon breaks whilst in combat/danger
-When a tyre pops at high speeds or with zombies around
-When the player crashes a car

-If inside enjoying the luxury of power and it suddenly goes out? (Anxiety?)
-The sight of a horde (larger the horde the more panic suddenly induced)

-Zombie(s) banging on your doors or windows whilst reading

-Running out of ammo while in combat/danger, (No more rounds left in inventory or empty firearm and attempting to shoot)

-A 'fear of heights' trait causing slight panic or anxiety while standing close to the edge, without any railing or fencing, on the second floor or higher.

-Encountering zombies without any weapons or under heavy load
-Being 'naked' around zombies and other players?

okay I think I'm getting carried away now lol

• 7 months later...