Ingame 'Maps' won't show. (Annotated/Normal)

MrCouper

INGAME maps don't load for me, maybe this is due to my ram (2gb)? I open them, then there is a pause as the game/computer 'loads' the map and then they open like this.
Once the first map opens and if failed, then they all fail and open instantly as shown in the screenshot.
108600_20180720173432_1.thumb.png.581be62950e5448dfa2611d7af1c6081.png

Did a red notification with a number (usually 1) pops on the bottom-left corner when you open the map? If so, then there are java errors (exceptions) related to the bug – you can see them by launching the game through commandline or take a look at console.txt afterwards.

24 minutes ago, Faalagorn said:

Did a red notification with a number (usually 1) pops on the bottom-left corner when you open the map? If so, then there are java errors (exceptions) related to the bug – you can see them by launching the game through commandline or take a look at console.txt afterwards.

Nope no little red error thing, and there is nothing in console.txt (that I noticed anyway) I'll upload it though.

I have a feeling it is do with my lack of ram, but have had maps work before, might try the steam launch instead of 32bat see if there is any difference.

console.txt

Yeah they have, it was really about a 50-50 chance though. I haven't been able to launch via steam to test it out fully, as there is abit of difference between launching via steam compared to using 32bat. not sure why.

12 hours ago, MrCouper said:

Yeah they have, it was really about a 50-50 chance though. I haven't been able to launch via steam to test it out fully, as there is abit of difference between launching via steam compared to using 32bat. not sure why.

Check the RAM in the 32-bit json file vs. the bat. It's probably different (1200m in the json vs 1024m in the bat). Since you're on a 32-bit OS despite having a 64-bit processor, Steam will use the 32-bit json file when launching the game.

1 hour ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Check the RAM in the 32-bit json file vs. the bat. It's probably different (1200m in the json vs 1024m in the bat). Since you're on a 32-bit OS despite having a 64-bit processor, Steam will use the 32-bit json file when launching the game.

Will do,  should I edit/adjust anything? o.O *gets nervous* lol I managed to launch via steam and no difference with maps (zoom still bugged via steam) It's not really a major issue at all, but have always been curious about those squeaky floor boards XD

EDIT: So I got maps to work, by setting priority to 'High' via task manager (for both CMD and Java). 

Edited by MrCouper

39 minutes ago, MrCouper said:

Will do,  should I edit/adjust anything? o.O *gets nervous* lol I managed to launch via steam and no difference with maps (zoom still bugged via steam) It's not really a major issue at all, but have always been curious about those squeaky floor boards XD

EDIT: So I got maps to work, by setting priority to 'High' via task manager (for both CMD and Java). 

Not a clue why that works. :D

But if it works, it works.

50 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Not a clue why that works. :D

But if it works, it works.

Maybe when loading maps for the first time it peaks my RAM? I notice in the cmd window "Stall count" and it the game lag spikes when trying too, so I guessed maybe it's not getting enough memory allocated fast enough? or memory is capping due to system priority order. lol 
I remembered an old trick from a few years ago, had to do this on my old desktop to get 'peak performance' from Minecraft back then (Beta 1.5_01 on 2gbRAM vista, it was literally game vs OS for ram haha)