Black car texture of Chevalier Nyala

Faalagorn

I had this issue before the wearther build and it seems to persist through the weather build as well. There's one model of car that works perfectly fine (you can enter it, drive etc.), but texture loaded is totally black. It seems other had such issue with zombie bodies, which I didn't have. Actually, it turned out I did have the black zombie body on one of my screens, I just didn't pay attention during regular gameplay.

20180715060545_1.thumb.jpg.7290821c075500b913999f8f5ed665b4.jpg

20180715060549_1.thumb.jpg.18666360fb2d02133c24ad9b76bf05f2.jpg

20180715060601_1.thumb.jpg.22e39f93aa9ea715982675f8c1291f36.jpg

It happens for me under Linux, but it also happened to my wife under Linux as well – we both have the same operating systems, but I have an AMD card with open drivers, while she uses Nvidia with proprietary ones, so it seems to not be related to GPU drives, at least at the first glance.

Edited by Faalagorn
Turned out I had black zombies too

Same here with the nyala, debian stretch using the intel drivers but haven't checked my nvidia and haven't noticed black corpses.

Side note: Although not a base game issue, all my ORGM gun textures refuse to show on the intel and nvidia in linux, so I suspect the 2 problems are related. If anyone can point out the cause of this issue (or a solution), I'd be extremely grateful!

That's the screen I found, I didn't pay attention to it while playing, probably partially because the game tends to be quite dark already, especially with weather build:

20180715070724_1.thumb.jpg.07dda442a20daa8e81764447db8c86b7.jpg

It's actually a spawned dead body, not a zombie, since it's a sandbox game with zombies disabled.

Here is the bug report of the black corpses: https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/topic/24114-black-corpses/

While I was searching the forums, I also found that someone reported a similar issue with black cars before, although it was all the cars black, not just one I assume? https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/topic/23891-cars-are-all-solid-black-in-colour/

I use the mesa-git from a custom repository in Arch, but I assume it's not (at least not directly) a driver issue, especially since it seems to happen with the Nvidia, AMD and now Intel (I can check this as well if needed, as I have i5-4690k I can plug my monitor to, but I suspect the results would be the same). I wonder if Linux is a common denominator here, or are we just the ones spotting it?

Edited by Faalagorn