Switching gear + Automatic/Manual transmission.

Burger_Time

Players've learnt how to drive... It's time to make driving even harder!

If you want to drive faster/slower or go backwards, you need to switch gear. Some of the vehicles (Like sportscars) have Automatic transmission so you don't need to switch gear (except for go backwards). This should make driving a bit harder and new people won't drive a car as fast as they found a key to the nearest car. Also this will add one more option to choose besides Capacity and Speed.

P.s: If there's any mistakes in the text — sry.

UPD: Uh, there's one thing that imo will make driving more realistic — Handbrake should be toggleable and make car unable to move while handbrake is used.

Edited by Burger_Time

Hmmmm nice, if it was vehicle specific then transmission could be a change-able part? :)
SUV and the modern cars would also likely be automatic, older vehicles and pickups most likely manual.
This would be great as well as RWD or FWD, which would affect handling under acceleration or deceleration when turning

13 hours ago, MrCouper said:

Hmmmm nice, if it was vehicle specific then transmission could be a change-able part? :)
SUV and the modern cars would also likely be automatic, older vehicles and pickups most likely manual.
This would be great as well as RWD or FWD, which would affect handling under acceleration or deceleration when turning

In 1990's, a little over half of cars made in the States were manual, ranging from nearly all makes and models, (luxury cars started adopting automatics faster than the rest to a point).

On 18.07.2018 at 1:39 AM, Faalagorn said:

I think it should be an option to toggle under "Gameplay" similar to the reloading difficulty.

Actually, I think that this setting shouldn't even exist. It's basically gives you ability to choose how easy shootout will be.

P.s: same with the driving (If it will be implemented).

Edited by Burger_Time
Cough cough

2 hours ago, Burger_Time said:

Actually, I think that this setting shouldn't even exist. It's basically gives you ability to choose how easy shootout will be.

P.s: same with the driving (If it will be implemented).

I think so too, at least it should be a world/server option as it creates more troubles than benefits when can be changed individually by each player om the same world/server, but at the same time I understand that there are people who are playing with controllers or have various disabilities or just can't stand the increased difficulty, so choice should be there, similar to other sandbox options that lower game difficulty.