Chance to "pick up" window should be 100% at 10 Carpentry

bpdlr

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Kim Jong Un said:

As 10 represents the master of their craft, the break chance should be nothing (or at the very least, next to nothing). Just seems like an oversight as everything else has 100% pick up rate at that level of skill.

Well, we all saw those movies with competent craftmen moving windows panes that the star end-up going through during a chase... or at least I asume they are competent and it's not only for comedic effect.

Joke aside. I understand that it's a bit weird for a master craftmen to break 7 windows while disabling them. 1 out 7, maybe (if that). Those are the guys that know how to remove the frame carefully instead of jolting it out.

As for the full windows in the second post, those require more then CARPENTRY in my book, they require metalworking since they are indeed (in most probability) a metal frame in some stonework-ish (masonry/accrylic).

On a side unrelated note : STONEWORK

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/17/2018 at 4:04 AM, bpdlr said:

IMHO a master carpenter should be able to uninstall a window 100% of the time, not 50%. In any case, it seems the chance is far lower.

screenshot_17-07-2018_11-59-10.png.4db87bd90bab7ada7a707ba3b8a8eaeb.png

EDIT: 7 windows in this house, all failed and smashed... that doesn't seem like 50%.

screenshot_17-07-2018_12-11-45.png.469d87b92ea7159f2ce81652b0aab762.png

I think it should depend on the condition of the window. You're of course right for a window that has no cracks or anything in it, although I think an accurate chance to break would be 2-5%. Even masters can sometimes be subjected to harder than normal conditions, and nothing is guaranteed 100% of the time. You should need a scraper to get the caulking off, and more caulking to put in windows, or glue or something. But you're all right, definitely needs an overhaul. I can finally use the crafted window walls thanks to this information.