Whatever happen to VHS/VCR and recording from the TV?

Blasted_Taco

So i been giving the game another spin because i just get that itch every once in a while and i forgot how much chaos the first day in the game can be with you hoarding everything you can, taking a safehouse and overall just making it work the first weeks or so.

So i never get a chance to sit down and watch the news to see how everything unfolds about the apocalypse going on outside the game since the first week is busy work to keep everything running smoothly, then i remembered that Turbo was working on VCR to record the TV and something to make audio cassettes, however that feature hasnt been mentioned in a long, long, loooong time it seems.

Seems like the last mention of this was around 2016-2017, especially here:

https://projectzomboid.com/blog/2016/01/survival-impact/

Where almost every feature they talked about it (World Zed for radio, the nutrition system, the better UI to find radio stations, gaining XP from watching TV) all of that did make it into the game, however the VHS, the cassettes and the whole insanity thing never made it for like 3 years now, whatever happen to that stuff? Since it seems like it was ready to go out and the World Zed thing was a long term feature that it seems it was released recently.

I really would love to have the VCR/VHS to record stuff to see later on after everything went to crap when there is downtime to read books or use cassettes tapes in cars to listen to old broadcast while driving. 

Turbo's done a lot of work on this - but he needs to finish his wider work on 'electronic systems' before it can go in. It's one of the things he wants to move onto once the Weather stuff is in-game.

(I really want it to go in too, as I've written a bunch of extra stuff that hasn't seen the light of day yet).

17 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

Turbo's done a lot of work on this - but he needs to finish his wider work on 'electronic systems' before it can go in. It's one of the things he wants to move onto once the Weather stuff is in-game.

(I really want it to go in too, as I've written a bunch of extra stuff that hasn't seen the light of day yet).

Could we get news of this on a Thursdoid soon? Like a mention tomorrow?

Archived