I can't join my friends hosted server?

DresdenBBQ

Question

So I've got a pal who's set up just a steam server for us to play on, but it won't let me join. Even after verifying my game files, it still doesn't work? We do have mods enabled, multiple maps, ORGM & a few others but I don't think conflictin mods is the issue, since my other pal is able to join just fine? Just a little help on this issue would be mighty appreciated. 

garbage.png

5 answers to this question

Somewhere, one of your files doesn't match. If both you and your friend has verified the cache through steam, it almost has to be a mod. The easiest way to fix this is for both of you to delete all your mods from your \users\Zomboid\mods folder. Steam will then redownload all your mods and this should ensure you both have the same, up to date files.

I reinstalled PZ after I posted this & it worked for a bit but when I was driving to my pals the car just froze & started jittering. It wouldn't stopped jittering & the game was completely frozen so I restarted. This happened twice & I restarted both times, except when I tried to reenter the game third time it gave me the same error. So I was just gonna follow your advice & delete my mods, but the folder is, empty? I'm not sure what to do at this point except reinstall PZ again which I'd rather not do. I don't reckon y'know what I could do next? 

garbage.png

I would also recommend unsubscribing from all your mods and then try connecting again, sometimes the mods mess up while downloading and this error happens. After you try connecting the mods should be automatically downloaded. That is if your friend is using any mods on the server

14 hours ago, Queen Glory said:

I reinstalled PZ after I posted this & it worked for a bit but when I was driving to my pals the car just froze & started jittering. It wouldn't stopped jittering & the game was completely frozen so I restarted. This happened twice & I restarted both times, except when I tried to reenter the game third time it gave me the same error. So I was just gonna follow your advice & delete my mods, but the folder is, empty? I'm not sure what to do at this point except reinstall PZ again which I'd rather not do. I don't reckon y'know what I could do next? 

Sorry, I forgot to say this earlier, steam workshop files are actually located in the 'Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\108600\' folder.

Archived