Issues with hot drink recipes

Faalagorn

I really like the addition of the Hot Beverage evolved recipe, as now you don't need sugar to make a tea or coffee and you can also mix it with milk, honey and even more possibilities for future additions/mods. You can also add poison or rename it as any other recipe, which is a nice addition as well.

However, what I currently don't know is the purpose of the older Hot Cuppa and the relatively newly added Cold Cuppa recipes, at least that couldn't be replicated with the evolved recipe? Generally the old recipes got removed by the time evolved recipes replaced them (boring soups etc.), so why extend the old one? Currently Hot Cuppa give (way) more bonuses, to the point it's slightly OP, but that should be easy to adjust in evolved recipes. The only way that can't be recreated easily is to use kettle (which requires preheating), but really – it a survival game where you don't currently even use forks and spoons, you could as well preheat it otherwise (not to mention that you can preheat kettle in microwave or ovens that lack burners, plus the recipe doesn't makie it clear you have to preheat the water), and even if the mechanic of doing your hot drink proper way with the kettle get to be implemented, guess it could be a proper way, preferably with eating food on plates and kitchenware :). Plus the old limitations stay, that is requirement for sugar and hot cuppa never cools down while cold cuppa can never be heated.

Either way, back to the actual bugs: it seems that you can add infinite amount of sugar to your drink, as seen in the attached screenshot below (I've yet to see if there's a limit for this monstrosity)

20180715064154_1.thumb.jpg.a21ea9d350b8f32f238c177cae14ade1.jpg

and that's one hell of a diet drink – ton of sugar and 0 carbs! ;)

I think the problem stems from the fact that sugar is still a drainable, not food. It also makes it so it doesn't have any carbohydrates in it. I already suggested making sugar food item, and seeing how coffee and tea bags became food, can't sugar be one as well? Preferably a spice, similar to salt, pepper, ketchup, mustard, marinara, mayonnaise and hopefully remoulade in future. Would be cool to have option to use it in more evolved recipes too.

Finally, sound cue for making or adding ingredients to Beverage recipe should use a pouring water sound instead of the usual chopping sound.

Edited by Faalagorn
Verified it's still there in 40.3

1 hour ago, Faalagorn said:

not to mention that you can preheat kettle in microwave

^This! I haven't used my luxury drinks, haha "Some H20 & I'm ready to go". But what you said here got a thought running through my mind.
Metal + Microwave = BANG! Now this would be great! Want a make shift bomb/fire/distraction? Set microwave on high, place in a fork or spoon or any metal object really, set timer, turn on and then leave or experience the bang!  Probably wouldn't be the biggest explosion but would definitely cause/start a small fire.

On 15/07/2018 at 8:23 AM, MrCouper said:

^This! I haven't used my luxury drinks, haha "Some H20 & I'm ready to go". But what you said here got a thought running through my mind.
Metal + Microwave = BANG! Now this would be great! Want a make shift bomb/fire/distraction? Set microwave on high, place in a fork or spoon or any metal object really, set timer, turn on and then leave or experience the bang!  Probably wouldn't be the biggest explosion but would definitely cause/start a small fire.

I originally thought it was being implmented; easily starting fires by putting metal items in microwave to reheat, but I think that's not the case – maybe I saw that being suggested in commonly suggestions? I'd love the reheating system to be further expanded (for example separation of oven from the burner, different ways to cook food depnding on fire source and food quality – we got a badinmicrowave stat now, so that's a start at least) and actually having to be careful not to put non-heatable items in the oven! Right now you can store books in it when heating food and they'll be just, plus you can just hold extremely hot food in hand.

Either way, it's a matter for an actual feature suggestion, not a bug report, so for now let's stick to the three kinds of recipes we have for the drinks (Hot Cuppa that never gets cold, Cold Cuppa that never gets Hot, both of which are totally overpowered and can't be done without sugar or with honey or milk, and Beverage/Hot Drink that properly gets hot and cold and uses the benefits of evolved recipes, but you can use infinite sugar and have a wrong sound cue ;)).