Get Rid Of Age

MrZombifiedGamer

Okay so this was brought up in another thread but really didn't want to necro a thread from 2014 and it was more about 'aging' anyway. Initially that's what I wanted too, but now we can just do it with RP. A much easier solution that wouldn't be very time consuming (at least if and when the devs decide to return to it) would be to just remove it for now. I have no idea how difficult that would be, I'm not a developer but I imagine for the devs it would be pretty easy. It's really odd to see 27 on my supposed 56 year old character. xD Obviously this isn't an immediate concern and pretty minor, but I still wanted to hear the communities opinions on it. 

Also as a side note, I'm curious... Am I the only one who RP's age? Or does anyone else?

I mean, they could just add a numerical value field in the character selection process for a character's age and not attach any features to it in the immediate future, at least until, or if, they're ever ready to. I don't see how that would be difficult to make happen, but I imagine it's simply not a priority. Still, it's bothered me for a long time also, so I tend to ignore it all together.

12 hours ago, Faalagorn said:

I'd also love to see death by old age somewhere down the road. After all, that's how you died. To counter that, an older character could have much more experience but less strength and fitness at the start.

Well wit the direction the game is going now on default settings I'm not sure I could make it a day, much less to old age. lol The games already ridiculously hard for me. When they said hard I thought they were going to mean more like fun hard. Instead it's more like sheer frustration hard. To put it in gaming terms, I was thinking Morrowind hard and got Dark Souls hard. lol But yeah. I mean that is an interesting concept, not sure it fits for PZ though. Plus the age thing seems kind of out of place now anyway. It was a cool concept when they first came up with it, but I just don't think it fits into the style anymore. Obviously the devs do though or they wouldn't have kept it this long. Interested to see what they do with it.