Cigarettes etc.

bpdlr

- drop rate from zombies is nil as far as I can tell. 50% of corpses should carry between 1-20 cigarettes each, if this is 90's rural America. 

- also, if they have cigs on them, they will also have a lighter, although probably not a full one, or matches.

-  cigarettes should come in boxes (20 max) and there should also be cartons (10 boxes) but I guess they'd have to be ultra rare.

- if there are a more realistic no. of cigarettes in the world, then the "Smoke" action should realistically consume between 1-5 cigarettes each time, based on your stress levels. If the player has fewer cigs in their inventory, then their stress levels won't deplete as much.

- it would be cool if you could add rolling tobacco pouches and rolling papers

- it would be even cooler if you could add weed plants :) Now that would be a good way to reduce stress levels...

Last time I checked, zombies always dropped 20 cigarettes, so I assumed that was always a box, but I agree that there should be sepaeate "cigarette" and "box of cigarettes" items, IIRC back in the old days cigarette was a single item until it was changed. I also suggested that the zombies should drop lighters and matches, as right now you technically be at a situation you have the cigarettes and no way to light them, even if you can start a campfire just fine or even have access to a vehicle and/or electicity.

1 hour ago, Faalagorn said:

now you technically be at a situation you have the cigarettes and no way to light them, even if you can start a campfire just fine or even have access to a vehicle and/or electicity.

This is realistic dude. As a smoker myself I can attest to this. I've been without a light (had all those things) on multiple occasions. lol 

Edited by MrZombifiedGamer
Because apparently I don't know the English language as well as I anticipated. xD Goofy spelling error while not thinking. lol

One of my recent saves, I was in WestPoint, had no trouble at all finding cigarettes, within the first 12hours I had 140+ from houses and garages.  Normally I play Rosewood, they're a little scarcer but still relatively obtainable. However I agree that they should be more common, however with that being said, I find them on zombies abit, have found lighters or matches on zombies too but never together yet (lucky trait tho)

Boxes and cartons = +Rep (Great idea btw).
Also make shift lighters, i.e Battery + wire lol even toasters should be a source to light a cigarette. BBQ's and campfires would be good to but maybe have a chance receive a burn? 

Nicotine Lozenges or patches in medical stores would also be neat to help 'quit' but reduce stress over a slower peroid.  There is a thread about 'quitting' out there.