WorldItemRemovalList Question?

M700N

Hi all,

I understand that you can Whitelist stuff from being removed from the floor on servers using this option in the ini file. What I would like to know is if I don't whitelist anything will the car keys be removed from the floor, the ones you find near cars etc?

M700N

WorldItemRemovalList are actually all the items that WILL get deleted.

WorldItemRemovalList=Base.Vest,Base.Shirt,Base.Blouse,Base.Skirt,Base.Shoes
ItemRemovalListBlacklistToggle=false

This is usually the default item list. The toggle below it will switch the list to a blacklist if set to true. Meaning only the items on that list will not get deleted

If you want to use the blacklist toggle though, you can add the Base.CarKey item there and it wont get deleted.

20 hours ago, Beard said:

WorldItemRemovalList are actually all the items that WILL get deleted.

WorldItemRemovalList=Base.Vest,Base.Shirt,Base.Blouse,Base.Skirt,Base.Shoes
ItemRemovalListBlacklistToggle=false

This is usually the default item list. The toggle below it will switch the list to a blacklist if set to true. Meaning only the items on that list will not get deleted

If you want to use the blacklist toggle though, you can add the Base.CarKey item there and it wont get deleted?

I thought if you made it into a Blacklist, stuff you put in there Will get removed?

So it is the other way around?

Basically I want everything to be removed from the floor apart from car keys.

Thanks for the advice by the way.

2 hours ago, M700N said:

I thought if you made it into a Blacklist, stuff you put in there Will get removed?

So it is the other way around?

Basically I want everything to be removed from the floor apart from car keys.

Thanks for the advice by the way.

If you want everything removed except the car keys you have to set the ItemRemovalListBlacklistToggle=false to ItemRemovalListBlacklistToggle=true
And the WorldItemRemovalList=Base.Vest,Base.Shirt,Base.Blouse,Base.Skirt,Base.Shoes to just WorldItemRemovalList=Base.CarKey

56 minutes ago, M700N said:

Nice one @Beard Thank you for your help.

Do you host your own server to? and if so how do you do it?

I dont personally host a server but I manage one.
Easiest way to host a server is using the Host button in the main menu and setting everything up there, its very easy and I recommend it if you want to play with friends.
If you want to host for more people (and have the server running 24/7) you can set up a dedicated server on your own computer or get a server hosting service. OVH servers as an example.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=514493377

This is a good guide if you want more info on how to set up a server.

3 hours ago, Beard said:

I dont personally host a server but I manage one.
Easiest way to host a server is using the Host button in the main menu and setting everything up there, its very easy and I recommend it if you want to play with friends.
If you want to host for more people (and have the server running 24/7) you can set up a dedicated server on your own computer or get a server hosting service. OVH servers as an example.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=514493377

This is a good guide if you want more info on how to set up a server.

Sorry Beard. I should have mentioned that I have my own Dedicated Server and have been hosting Zomboid servers for a while. Just wanted a few tips with the removal of objects as I have never had it set up before.

Archived