Defecation v1.2
3 3

36 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Faalagorn said:

I forgot which tooltip was it when sitting on the toilet, I'll test that out soon. About the keybinding, screenshot is worth more than a thosand words I guess, so should have added it earlier ;) (I changed a lot of keybindings)

 

I also think that the binding should be listed in "UI" rather than "hotkeys", assuming it's possible.

 

As far as defecating, I'd love to see some option to defecate without access to TP and water other than pooping yourself since it comes natural for me for the characters surviving in forests, but I guess with vehicles, wide map, servers with respawning loot, unlimited amount of zombies clothes and ability to use different things to wipe and an option to jury-rig a rain barrel to provide water for the toilet (assuming it works!), inability to defecate properly would be slim in comparison to actually keeping the character alive and in well being in the first place :).

 

Ah, thank you, I did not realize that showed up with the keybinding! I will move it to the UI section and fix the missing tooltip. I'm going to keep the TP need as is, at least for now. All the ways to get TP as you described are exactly why I don't want to make it any easier, I want the player to have that much more of a reason to need to explore for supplies. And I have not tried the rain barrel above toilet method, so I can't say for sure if it does or doesn't work. Thanks for understanding!

Edited by nater

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Faalagorn said:

Here's the missing tooltip for Defecation in toilet that I see:

 

 

Hmm...Do you have the latest version, or are you possibly using a custom language or something? I've got the EN translation files in place and I had a friend test this and he is not seeing this issue or the keybind issue. Both of these files should be in my mod folder /media/lua/shared/translate/en

Edited by nater

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, nater said:

 

Hmm...Do you have the latest version, or are you possibly using a custom language or something? I've got the EN translation files in place and I had a friend test this and he is not seeing this issue or the keybind issue. Both of these files should be in my mod folder /media/lua/shared/translate/en

Nope, English and Steam workshop (so I think it should be up to date), but I'm using 40.3 weather test, so I'd have to check that in stable/iwbums.

 

EDIT: I'm on Linux though, but not sure if it matters here?

Edited by Faalagorn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I've just uploaded a new version, the main highlight is the config file! Please see the main post for details.

 

8 hours ago, Faalagorn said:

Nope, English and Steam workshop (so I think it should be up to date), but I'm using 40.3 weather test, so I'd have to check that in stable/iwbums.

 

EDIT: I'm on Linux though, but not sure if it matters here?

 

I'm really not sure to be honest, if the txt files are there I think the game should be able to find the names. I had a friend test this earlier and the keybind/context menu looks okay for him, but we're both on Windows. I did just release a new version, you can try that but I didn't do anything to specifically fix this, I tidied up some of the code but I'm not sure, sorry!

Edited by nater

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This is a purdy sweet mod! I just came across it & I'm gonna give it a whirl but I just wanted to ask, is it possible to defecate in a urinal? Just wonderin' cause tryin' to take a poo in one of those is well, shitty, for lack of a better word. Anyway, can't wait to check out the mod! 

Edited by Queen Glory

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Queen Glory said:

This is a purdy sweet mod! I just came across it & I'm gonna give it a whirl but I just wanted to ask, is it possible to defecate in a urinal? Just wonderin' cause tryin' to take a poo in one of those is well, shitty, for lack of a better word. Anyway, can't wait to check out the mod! 

 

Thank you! Nope, that shouldn't be possible but I haven't explicitly tested it on the urinal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nater said:

 

Thank you! Nope, that shouldn't be possible but I haven't explicitly tested it on the urinal.

I think not, as you can't even fill water from urinal in vanilla game, so they are treated differently in the first place, but I haven't tested it myself either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Faalagorn said:

I think not, as you can't even fill water from urinal in vanilla game, so they are treated differently in the first place, but I haven't tested it myself either.

 

Ah okay, yeah this won't be possible then as the object needs to contain at least 10 water.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will we eventually be able to dig a basic pit latrine with a shovel? Maybe build an outhouse depending on our carpentry skill?

 

Or maybe adult diapers could be added to the game. Useful for those of us who're prone to getting the crap scared out of them on a regular basis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Octopus said:

Will we eventually be able to dig a basic pit latrine with a shovel? Maybe build an outhouse depending on our carpentry skill?

 

Or maybe adult diapers could be added to the game. Useful for those of us who're prone to getting the crap scared out of them on a regular basis.

 

Sorry, it is unlikely I will update this mod again. A latrine/outhouse would only make it easier; the only alternative to defecating on the ground is the loud toilet which requires water. Adult diapers are also a no, as again, they will only make the mod easier, which I definitely don't want as I feel it is in a balanced state.

Edited by nater

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
3 3