nater

xnjXTRN.png

With this mod installed, players will need to defecate. This can be noisy and you'll need some kind of toilet paper, but holding it in too long will only make matters worse. Combine this with the zombie apocalypse and you get some interesting scenarios...

If you are looking for the b40 version, please download using the link below and install manually.

Defecation_v125.rar

Features

• Config file
  • GUI
  • Get the poop scared out of you
  • Diarrhea
  • Multiple sounds with their own noise radiuses
  • Lucky/Unlucky compensations
  • Rebindable hot-key
  • Feces can be used as compost or fuel in a fire
  • Split screen support (2 players max)

Download

Steam Workshop Link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1436878551

Source Files - The files are lightly commented: Defecation_v222.rar
Feel free to edit this for private distribution, but if you wish to upload it publicly you will need to ask for permission.

Changelog

v2.22
- Fixed an issue not allowing player to defecate with new magazine

- Removed 'ResizeWorldIcon' from item scripts as it's no longer used and was adding a warning in the console

v2.21
- Fixed an issue causing player to always try to unequip defecated clothes before sterilizing, even when already unequipped

v2.2
- Added a new magazine to the TP list
- Updated 'Sterilize' right click menu to have better feedback, will check for and unequip worn defecated items before washing
- Removed 'AlwaysOnTop' for mini display to stop it showing over map, position will automatically avoid the top left corner of the screen to avoid getting stuck behind other icons
- Fixed being able to defecate from driver seat
- Set pills to 'First Aid' 'DisplayCategory'
- Updated feces 'DisplayCategory' to 'Junk'

v2.1
- Settings were not working properly in MP. Removed all references to the custom .ini file - settings are now accessible through the vanilla sandbox settings under the 'Defecation' tab

v2.02
- Updated 'Defecation Status' window text to be smaller if your resolution is larger than 1920x1080

v2.01
- Fixed player defectating themselves while already in the process of defecating

v2.0
- You can now use feces as poison in food (this will work the same way as bleach, but it is 6 times weaker and is easily detectable)
- Added a cap to the amount of poison you receive from nearby feces to avoid killing the player

v1.96
- Moved default position of 'mini display' to accommodate for new 'map' and 'forage' buttons

v1.95
- Window position/type (normal/mini display) is now saved (save is not instant for optimization reasons)
- Set 'setAlwaysOnTop' to true for the mini display as it could get stuck behind default UI elements after clicking them
- Added scripts for sounds to fix a few console messages

v1.9
- Removed clickable 'Defecate' button, this is now a context menu option - right click to see the 'Defecate' option
- Added 'mini' display window - right click on the main window to transform it to the mini display, scrolling over the mini display will show you the %
- (Optimization) Removed 'OnPlayerUpdate' functions, defecation value is updated every ten minutes, so it doesn't make sense to update the UI all the time
- Updated toilet paper to allow 5 uses

v1.81
- Added more strings to txt files; I believe I have got them all now
- Updated way 'defecated' clothes are created/named to avoid adding '(Wet)/(Bloody)/etc' multiple times

v1.8
- Added visual flies
- Updated feces nearby to get sick to 4 or more
- Removed looped.xml as this was overwriting vanilla looped.xml
   - Added defecate_looped.xml
- Lowered chance for 'stomach growl' and flies sound
   - Additionally, these will no longer play if your game time is set to 3x speed or higher
- Lowered flies sound length to 10 seconds with a fade in/out to be less annoying, but still let you know you're getting sick
- Added all strings to .txt files to make translations easier and updated code to account better for different languages
- Lots of general improvements and optimization to the code - every line has been looked over

v1.72
- Fixed an issue when using split screen
- Made some minor optimizations and removed some unnecessary variables/data

v1.71
- Fixed being able to sterilize clothes without enough water in container

v1.7
- Added ability to remove defecated debuff by sterilizing defecated clothes with bleach and water via 'Sterilize' right click menu
- Added animations - happy squatting!
- Revamped the way '(Defecated)' clothes are created/handled, it previously only included pants/skirts:
   - The (hopefully) lowest layer around your groin/upper legs should now be defecated if you accidentally defecate yourself - don't forger your undies!
   - Dirt will be added to the defecated clothing and your groin/upper legs skin (between 20% and 50%)
   - Beware - if you're only wearing a full suit with nothing on your groin/upper legs (ghillie, spiffo, etc), it will become defecated!
- You will now need to be much closer to the toilet to use it and you will be locked in the rotation of the toilet
- Added book to list of toilet paper
- Made some other small optimizations

v1.6
- Added new 3d models for 'feces' and 'anti-diarrheal pill box'
- Added new texture for 'anti-diarrheal pills' - uses 'antibiotic pills' world 3d model
- Updated icons for all (3) items based on the new 3d models

v1.55
- Updated 'stomach growl' to not play when sleeping
- Fixed a couple of split screen issues
- Added tooltip to pills reminding player of the effects/length of time
- Fixed issue causing stress to be added under 66% defecation status

- Fixed issue where 'Defecation Status' % was not showing when loading a game for the first time with the mod
- Increased stress gained by wearing defecated bottoms by about 15% to ensure it properly increases over time
- Cleaned up main code file - moved most of the split screen code to player2.lua

v1.5
- Added support for split screen, period (.) is the default key to open the 2nd player's window
- Lowered audio of all sounds by at least 50% - stomach growls were reduced by 75%

- Added 'HideNumericStatus' config option to hide numbers shown on 'Defecation Status' window

v1.4
- Added a chance for 'stomach growl' noises if you need to defecate
- Updated % shown on status UI to be one decimal to ensure it always fits on one line

v1.3
- Fixed distribution errors; updated distribution locations
    - Individual pills can be found in bathroom cabinets and counters

- Boxes of pills can be found where non-painkiller pills spawn ('MedicalClinicDrugs'/'MedicalStorageDrugs') with the same chance as those pills
- Removed 'Poo pants/skirt' items; whatever is currently equipped on the legs will get '(Defecated)' and have the debuff
- Removed references to pants/skirt in config/code

v1.25 (last update before build 41)
- Added a chance for 'stomach growl' noises if you need to defecate
- Removed 'Poo pants/skirt' items; whatever is currently equipped on the legs will get '(Defecated)' and have the debuff
- Removed references to pants/skirt in config/code

v1.2
- Added configuration file, see 'Config' section for details
- Updated 'Defecation status' keybind to UI section
- Updated so player will lose 200 calories and a small amount of thirst when defecating with diarrhea
- Fixed bloody and or dirty pants/skirt will now correctly add defecated pants/skirt

v1.11
- Added comic book to list of usable TP.
- Fixed player being able to sit at 100% with no negatives if they do not get panicked, they will now have a chance to defecate themselves if they're above 95%, or 85% and sick.
- Fixed defecating pants as female adding skirt and defecating skirt as male adding pants.

v1.1
- Added ability to use toilet by right clicking it. Player will not be required to have any toilet paper, the toilet must have 10 units of water (equal to a full water bottle), and the toilet will be flushed automatically meaning the player will lose their feces and the toilet will make a loud noise.
- Added flies sound if there are multiple piles of poop in the same area as well as unhappyness and a small amount of nausea.
- Added missing defecated skirt.
- Added magazine and newspaper to available toilet paper list, they will still decrease your stress and boredom as they should. Also added tissue.
- Added a small amount of fatigue if you defecate without a toilet.
- Added iron gut/weak stomach modifiers.
- Updated defecate button to let player know what TP they're about to use.
- Cleaned up and fixed some drunkery in my code. (Why did you do this past self?)

Config

As of version 2.1 the settings are now located in the vanilla sandbox settings under the 'Defecation' category. Any of these values can be set to a decimal value (0.25, etc). Please note these are all multipliers, so whatever the default value is times this value, these are not the actual values.

settings.thumb.png.665a420294f0f117e033c3e2d03e589f.png

How to Use

d1.png.832f41c31c492f080e0838b6cda2c4e4.png

d2.jpg.5e7957850db32368591c308b245206b8.jpg

To open the GUI press the , (comma) key on your keyboard by default. Press the . (period) key to open the GUI for player 2. The GUI was designed to be updated in real time, so it can be left open, or you can open it periodically to check the status. This keybind can be changed in your key bindings under 'Defecation Status'.

If you are above 66.66% you can right click in the world to 'Defecate' and you will become stressed.

If you have the required materials in your inventory, you will be able to click the 'Defecate' option - if you do not have the required materials, it will let you know all of the available options.

Clicking the defecate option will start the process, it will be one short timer for pulling down your pants and another longer timer for actually defecating.

You will always defecate on the ground.

As of version 1.1 you can alternatively defecate using a toilet. This will require 10 units of water (in the toilet), you will flush your feces, the toilet will make a loud noise, and you will not need toilet paper.

jHpoj30.png

Drinking dirty water or eating raw or rotten food can give you the possibility of getting diarrhea. If you have diarrhea you will see the upset stomach icon and you will need to defecate up to 4x quicker than usual. You can find 'Anti-Diarrheal Pills' in medical stores or bathrooms and these will calm your stomach, but they will not cure you. You will only be cured when your body no longer has contaminants (dirty water, bad food) in it.

uBr7Lkp.png HxAG2lN.png

If you are under the influence of anti-diarrheal pills, the upset stomach icon will be green rather than red for 3 hours, up to 6 hours maximum.

TjOVWSL.png

If you are panicked, and over 80% (or 70%, if you have diarrhea) you have the possibility to poop yourself. This will upset your character and debuff the lowest layered item on your groin/upper legs (you can easily tell what clothing items are debuffed by looking for '(Defecated)'. Continuing to wear them will further upset your character so they should be sterilized with bleach and water.

Standing near piles of feces will slowly make your character unhappy as well making them nauseated. You will hear a 'flies' sound.

Details

Spoiler

Your character's defecation status will fill to 66% over 24 hours if they are between the food levels of peckish-satiated and they are not sick with diarrhea. You will start to become stressed at 66%.

If you are hungry, very hungry, or starving, this decreases to 75%, 50%, and 25% respectively. If you are well fed, stuffed, or full to bursting, the levels increase to 200%, 300%, and 400%.

If you eat or drink bad water or food, you can get sick with diarrhea, this is a 16.66%-25% chance, depending if you have lucky or unlucky traits. If you are sick with diarrhea, your percentage is increased by a further value, depending on your current poisoned level up to 400%, every ten minutes.

Once your body is no longer poisoned (from bad water or food), you will have a 25%-50% chance to recover, every ten minutes.

Anti-Diarrheal pills last 3 hours each, up to 6 hours maximum. So eating 4 pills will only give you 6 hours of effect.

There are 6 different sounds ranging from a radius of 5 tiles to 15 tiles. If you are 'Lucky', you will never make the loudest noise, if you are 'Unlucky', you will never have the possibility to defecate silently.

Standing near 4 or more piles of feces will cause your player to get nauseated and unhappy, this is multiplied times the amount of feces nearby, starting at a minimum of 4x.

Credits

The 'human feces' sprite comes from Hydrocraft and is used with permission from the creator, Hydromancerx.

The anti-diarrheal pill and box sprites are recolored and they also come from Hydrocraft with permission from the creator, Man_In_The_Purple_Hat.

Permission

permission.png.ad0577841dbefe83db98b1c869e595e2.png

https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2530-mod-permissions/&tab=comments#comment-36478

Edited by nater
v2.22

All jokes aside, I'm actually really very happy someone has made a mod like this.

I have a couple of questions though..

Is there any way to integrate this with a Toilet object? Perhaps would not need/use less toilet paper (or some other effect that makes it more convenient than using it anywhere else)

Do you have plans on other hygiene mods? I see (and agree) that you're not doing a urination version - but what about general hygiene, requiring the player to bathe/shower?

7 hours ago, Bejasc said:

All jokes aside, I'm actually really very happy someone has made a mod like this.

I have a couple of questions though..

Is there any way to integrate this with a Toilet object? Perhaps would not need/use less toilet paper (or some other effect that makes it more convenient than using it anywhere else)

Do you have plans on other hygiene mods? I see (and agree) that you're not doing a urination version - but what about general hygiene, requiring the player to bathe/shower?

Thank you for the suggestion. I didn't want to make the game easier at all, as there are quite a lot of ways to get happy already. I also had some weird issues detecting if the player was near a toilet, so the idea got scrapped. I'll do some further experiments and see if I can figure out a good solution, though.

I am currently in the 'concept' phase for another mod, so I do not currently have any plans for bathing/showering, but I may start experimenting with this in the future.

Edited by nater

13 hours ago, nater said:

Thank you for the suggestion. I didn't want to make the game easier at all, as there are quite a lot of ways to get happy already. I also had some weird issues detecting if the player was near a toilet, so the idea got scrapped. I'll do some further experiments and see if I can figure out a good solution, though.

I am currently in the 'concept' phase for another mod, so I do not currently have any plans for bathing/showering, but I may start experimenting with this in the future.

No worries! I agree the game can be made easy enough. I wasn't suggesting toilets make you happy, just add some extra convenience to needing to use this - perhaps not needing ripped sheets or TP, etc.

As for experimenting to detect player near the tile - I know @Soul Filcher (in Discord) has been poking around a lot in the code recently and has done some pretty great things, that were previously not done by a lot of modders. Perhaps he might have some ideas on detecting your range to the toilet tile? 

To clarify, I think it should be used like a Sink is for drink (Right click > drink) - only it would be Right Click > Use (when your defecation level is >66.6%).

The larger hygiene mod would make things come pretty much full circle for me. I've been longing for that sort of mod for so long. 

With this quality/style of work on this mod, I'm excited for your next project. Do you have any details you could share?

On 7/11/2018 at 11:06 PM, Bejasc said:

No worries! I agree the game can be made easy enough. I wasn't suggesting toilets make you happy, just add some extra convenience to needing to use this - perhaps not needing ripped sheets or TP, etc.

As for experimenting to detect player near the tile - I know @Soul Filcher (in Discord) has been poking around a lot in the code recently and has done some pretty great things, that were previously not done by a lot of modders. Perhaps he might have some ideas on detecting your range to the toilet tile? 

To clarify, I think it should be used like a Sink is for drink (Right click > drink) - only it would be Right Click > Use (when your defecation level is >66.6%).

The larger hygiene mod would make things come pretty much full circle for me. I've been longing for that sort of mod for so long. 

With this quality/style of work on this mod, I'm excited for your next project. Do you have any details you could share?

I was able to get this working last night with the help of the 'Lua code snippets' thread, specifically the 'World objects' section, I was going about it all wrong before. You will not need any kind of TP (we'll pretend all the toilets are bidets), there must be water, and it will make a flush sound that is equal to the loudest fart (15 tiles, and this will attract zombies that are outside.)

I am still working on a suggestion that came from the Steam workshop, and that is to make piles of feces act similar to piles of zombies with the 'flies' sound, and making the player depressed. I may need to implement a custom sound though, because the flies sound is in one of the '.bank' files, which is a proprietary archive created by IndieStone, and is unable to be extracted from. After I get these features wrapped up, I will release an update.

I would love to talk about my next mod, but it's a feature that has been suggested many times so I do not want to get anyone's hopes up, until I can be sure I can implement it in a good way.

Edited by nater

6 hours ago, Arsenal26 said:

So the next logical step for progression of this mod is Diet...

Like, what if *ALL* you eat is Peanut butter hmmm ??

Sure it's got nutritional value and good shelf life, but there are consequences.

I thought about doing this, it is easy enough to get a player's carbohydrates, proteins, and lipids, but I couldn't decide on what kind of formula or values to set on, so I just went with a daily timer that is influenced heavily by variables.

Thanks for this Nater, it's definitively a worth addition. I'm always in favor for more "simulation" or "realism" in games like this.

A few questions/suggestions though.

I don't know how hard it is but have you thought about making it a moodlet (could even re-use the vanilla "hungry" one) that simple says "need to go to the toilet" with variations such as "slight need, somewhat urgent need and urgent need?" It would be a bit more realistic than knowing exactly how much you are ready to go, solves the "need" to add urinating and removes the need to sometimes check a separate window. Seamless integration of a new necessity. Could do the same with diarrhea, but you could just rename it to "food poisoning" to make it more generic. Could start with "queasy", progress to "nauseous" and end up with the "food poisoning" moodlet. It would add a bit to the tension, not knowing what you have for a while.

Second thing, I do agree with Bejasc and being able to interact with bathrooms instead of them being a dead zone in your house would be nice. Maybe possible other bodies of water too, such as rivers. But I think you'd still need sheets or toilet paper when using the bathroom, just less than when doing open defecation. One possibility to make things simpler would simple be to make it so toilets are recharged with TP or ripped sheets, so you don't need to haul it with you everywhere. There should be an option to defecate, in the option or toilet, without TP or anything else, but that would make you sadder and increase chances of getting food poisoning (maybe even with cooked food, if possible).

Using toilets do create a problem though, which is the huge amount of water we use for flushing. I never tried myself but I hear that, in game, if you put a rain collector directly above a sink it will work again, which is nice but for toilets a barrel would be probably good for a few flushes before it runs out.  So the suggestion would be to jury-rig a few rain collectors together in an upper floor to create an improvised water tower/water tank. I know that in a few poorer countries, and countries that have trouble with water, they build houses with plastic or ceramic water tanks in the upper floors (the attic, just below the roof tiles) that store a set amount of water and is used through the house. Usually they get refilled with a pump but since you can open them to clean them, I guess in PZ you could just leave them open. This would also make so any sink in the house would be usable, and could also be used in the "showering and personal hygiene" suggestions, which I also support.

For showers, as mentioned previously, I agree it would be nice if there was a need for that too. A moodle for when you are getting dirty, with sweat-inducing activities such as chopping wood, carrying a heavy-load, running long times from zombies or being drenched in zombie guts quickly filling it. The dirtiness would tick slowly otherwise so not doing much running or heavy-work, like just sitting and reading would mean you probably could get away (and would be desirable to save water) without showering for a day, probably for a few, but a week without cleaning yourself would be too much.

Maybe not using TP could increase your "dirtiness" instead of making you sad, so you'd need to shower sooner and both "mods" would fit nicely in a personal hygiene mod. High dirtiness would carry the increased risk of getting food poisoning when eating, even cooked meat, and could you make you a bit sad over time in high levels.

It would be nice to have water as a resource that needs to be divided between thirst and hygiene, carefully rationed. You might end up alive but during dry spells or cold months without any water to shower or using the toilet for days, further complicating the player's life and encouraging less sweaty-work (while also encouraging running only in emergency situations/with abundance of water). It certainly would be less annoying than managing electricity once it goes out (especially since you can't salt food meat and pickling vegetables destroy lids).

Final request: If it wouldn't be too much trouble, please, always keep a non-steam download for the mod. As a GOG owner of PZ, steam workshop only acts as a walled garden for modders beautiful creations.

2 hours ago, zakarum said:

I don't know how hard it is but have you thought about making it a moodlet (could even re-use the vanilla "hungry" one) that simple says "need to go to the toilet" with variations such as "slight need, somewhat urgent need and urgent need?" It would be a bit more realistic than knowing exactly how much you are ready to go, solves the "need" to add urinating and removes the need to sometimes check a separate window. Seamless integration of a new necessity. Could do the same with diarrhea, but you could just rename it to "food poisoning" to make it more generic. Could start with "queasy", progress to "nauseous" and end up with the "food poisoning" moodlet. It would add a bit to the tension, not knowing what you have for a while.

This – I also thought that having a moodlet would be more appropriate. It's nice that you spend time to code the GUI, but on the other hand, it'd be more intuitive to use if you could just defecate via right click -> Defecate, similar to right click -> Walk to, but not sure how easy it is to code.

Secondly, I didn't check yet, but are defecated pants washable? Since we can wash dirty and bloody clothes now, a logical step would be washing defecated clothes as well. Actually, I think that re-using the "dirty"  mechanic of clothes would be sufficient as well, though it would be nice to have some more maluses from wearing defecated clothes vs simply dirty ones :)

Thirdly, I think that the Iron Gut and Weak Stomach would be more fitting than Lucky/Unlucky for the purpose – it would also give them more use!

Fourthly, it would be nice if more items could be used for wiping, including newspapers, comic books, magazines books and skill books (which would use them, though it would make more sense to be able to tear them to sheet of papers, but that's a matter for another mod), tissues (which would use them), bath and dish towels (ideally they could be defecated, but for simplicity sake it'd be enough to just use all the remaining uses out of them), socks and underwear (actually it would be nice if underwear could be won to prevent dirtying the pants, but that's another advanced feature) and clothes (which would make them defecated) – finally, it'd be nice if tall grass from hydrocraft could be used for this purpose as well. To counter the use of the items, it would be nice to have most of them (everything other than TP and tissues) take longer and maybe incur a small debuff – for example minor pain :). Also using bloody clothes would be really unwise for this purpose (I hope I don't have to explain why?)

Finally, in case you will plan on implementing toilets, it would be nice if using them would also rest character a little, and not using would tire a little (squatting is tiresome, one of the reason we created toilets in the first place). Also, I'd love seeing flushing as a separate action, that way when there's no water you could still use toilet and then pick the excrement manually later on when there's no water, unable to use the toilet until done so. I kinda things toilets should be usable as normal chair in regular game, but that may be scope for a different mod or feature request as well.

6 hours ago, zakarum said:

Thanks for this Nater, it's definitively a worth addition. I'm always in favor for more "simulation" or "realism" in games like this.

A few questions/suggestions though.

• I don't know how hard it is but have you thought about making it a moodlet...

Thank you! Unfortunately, moodlets are not moddable at this time but hopefully I can add this in the future.

• Second thing, I do agree with Bejasc and being able to interact with bathrooms...

This is something I already have implemented and it will be in the next update. However, my implementation will be a bit different than what you have suggested:

1) You will be able to defecate using toilets through the right click menu
2) You will not need any kind of toilet paper
3) The toilet must have water
4) The toilet will be flushed immediately after use, meaning you do not get feces and it will make a loud noise

Some of this may change before I release the update, but these are the current plans.

• So the suggestion would be to jury-rig a few rain collectors together in an upper floor to create an improvised water tower/water tank.

Sorry, this is pretty out of scope for this mod, so I will not be implementing this. I may take a look at hygiene in the future, but I don't have plans at the moment.

• Final request: If it wouldn't be too much trouble, please, always keep a non-steam download for the mod.

No worries, I will always include a mirror as I like to let people easily study the files.

3 hours ago, Faalagorn said:

This – I also thought that having a moodlet would be more appropriate. It's nice that you spend time to code the GUI, but on the other hand, it'd be more intuitive to use if you could just defecate via right click -> Defecate, similar to right click -> Walk to, but not sure how easy it is to code.

Agreed on the subject of the moodle, hopefully I can get that added in a future update when they are moddable! Right clicking will allow you to defecate using a toilet after the next update, but I'd like to keep the rest of the stuff in the 'defecation status' window.

• Secondly, I didn't check yet, but are defecated pants washable?

They are not, but this is on purpose to further penalize the player for defecating themselves. I also forgot to add the skirt and this will be coming in the next update.

• Thirdly, I think that the Iron Gut and Weak Stomach would be more fitting than Lucky/Unlucky for the purpose – it would also give them more use!

I like this idea and I will do some investigating into how I should implement these traits!

• Fourthly, it would be nice if more items could be used for wiping, including newspapers, comic books, magazines books and skill books...

I am further expanding the list of items that you will be able to use as toilet paper. As you can craft ripped sheets from all the clothes already, I will not be allowing clothes to be used as TP. I like the idea of making actual toilet paper and tissues the best options, I'll look into this.

• Finally, in case you will plan on implementing toilets, it would be nice if using them would also rest character a little...

I like this idea as well, I will add a small amount of fatigue to defecating without a toilet. However, I'd like there to be some more negatives to using a toilet, so you will lose your feces, not allowing you to use them for compost/fire fuel.

Thank you both for the great suggestions!

Edited by nater
missing comma

Thanks for the update! Yesterday when I tested the mod on sandbox, when I reached 100% defecation status, my character got a queasy moodle, but didn't crap her pants and got stuck at 100% defecation. The moodle eventually went away and I could just run around with 100% defecation status without any drawbacks. I wanted to further test it, but guess I'll test it with the updated version now :).

BTW, what happens when there's no water in toilet? I guess you can't use it at all then?

Oh and P.S. Now it finally makes sense why the magazines and newspapers are magically disappearing after reading ;). What about the comic books though (since I assume books have too hard cover and are too long to read when pooping :))?

Edited by Faalagorn

1 hour ago, Faalagorn said:

Thanks for the update! Yesterday when I tested the mod on sandbox, when I reached 100% defecation status, my character got a queasy moodle, but didn't crap her pants and got stuck at 100% defecation. The moodle eventually went away and I could just run around with 100% defecation status without any drawbacks. I wanted to further test it, but guess I'll test it with the updated version now :).

BTW, what happens when there's no water in toilet? I guess you can't use it at all then?

Oh and P.S. Now it finally makes sense why the magazines and newspapers are magically disappearing after reading ;). What about the comic books though (since I assume books have too hard cover and are too long to read when pooping :))?

I actually hadn't thought of a player just letting it reach 100% and stay. I'll need to add the possibility of defecating yourself if you're above 95% or so and are not panicked.

If there is no, or not enough, water in a toilet you will not be able to defecate using the toilet.

I actually forgot about the comic book, shoot! I'll release an update today (probably) to fix these two issues.

impressive work! Never occurred to me how much this was missing till now.

+suggestion

Is it perhaps possible to have the player crap themselves if they get panicked while above certain percentages (with traits affecting such as iron gut and strong stomach)

Say the player would usually crap at 66% and are currently at 50% - but when panicked it acts asif it just climbed around 20% for a moment, dont get panicked while you hold it in man!

+suggestion

When sleeping, can a player defecate themselves if it exceeds (sure the body can hold in well in ones sleep, but if you have the runs its not likely to hold back, else some where above a 90% mark (in total if 100% is WILL crap yourself regardless) -> the runs do not matter)
Additionally this can be even worse defecation - i mean you are sleeping in your own crap... the bed should dirt (or sheets of it) - gotta clean those else your sleep spot is ruined.

Additionally traits can change this up - iron  gut has player wake up instead and feel queasy (can probably deal with it and go back to sleep?)

Weak stomach is more likely to happen in sleep?

Light sleeping affects can also help but do not affect the players actual ability to prevent it - just how likely they are to wake.

+suggestion

Im sure crapping yourself with the runs dehydrates you -> if not can the player lose some thirst when this happens -> avoided by pills.

+suggestion(Last one)

Is it a idea to raise the pill limit a-bit but having too many popped at a time cause the opposite - constipation (queasy, slow runs speed, feeling like one cant eat even though they arent full- being bloated and clogged sucks...)

I didn't had time to play much and didn't had the occasion to test various toilets, but last time I checked the tooltip was missing for the defecating on toilets as well there's no tooltip for the keybinding in options where you can change the default "." keybinding.

Also, would it be possible to actually use the underwear that spawn in-game? Ideally they would be wearable clothing and the player should spawn with one (guess we can skip zombies spawning with them, as that's certainly nothing I'd wear) and with them being wear, they'de be defecated instead of pants (unless you have diarrhea).

Finally, how about defecating in the forest? I originally suggested implementing grass item from Hydrocraft for wiping, but since we have object interaction with toilets now, would it be possible to add an option to defecating in the deep forest? Before toilet paper (or other man-made items), people just wiped with what was around and in dire need/survival you'd certainly rather want to use leaves, grass to wipe instead of running with defecated pants.

If possible, you can use the tiles that have foraging possible for the ones where you can defecate with the abundance of grass and leaves (if you can forage stuff, you can find things to wipe off certainly, even if the "useful" things are depleted), alternatively if easier to implement, maybe add defecate option to the tall grass? It could be pretty much the same as removing grass (assuming you wiped off with it and depleted it) with the exception of emptying your bowel, making sound and leaving feces behind. I think the drawbacks for defecating in the deep forest are high enough already in compared to toilet or defecating inside a building or an open space where you're sure you won't draw any zombies, but if not enough you can add a malus when you get a tiny chance to get minor sickness by wiping with some toxic plant (preferably negated by Outdoorsman trait, though this trait is overpowered already).

6 hours ago, Rubix3 said:

impressive work! Never occurred to me how much this was missing till now.

+suggestion

Is it perhaps possible to have the player crap themselves if they get panicked while above certain percentages (with traits affecting such as iron gut and strong stomach)

Say the player would usually crap at 66% and are currently at 50% - but when panicked it acts asif it just climbed around 20% for a moment, dont get panicked while you hold it in man!

+suggestion

When sleeping, can a player defecate themselves if it exceeds (sure the body can hold in well in ones sleep, but if you have the runs its not likely to hold back, else some where above a 90% mark (in total if 100% is WILL crap yourself regardless) -> the runs do not matter)
Additionally this can be even worse defecation - i mean you are sleeping in your own crap... the bed should dirt (or sheets of it) - gotta clean those else your sleep spot is ruined.

Additionally traits can change this up - iron  gut has player wake up instead and feel queasy (can probably deal with it and go back to sleep?)

Weak stomach is more likely to happen in sleep?

Light sleeping affects can also help but do not affect the players actual ability to prevent it - just how likely they are to wake.

+suggestion

Im sure crapping yourself with the runs dehydrates you -> if not can the player lose some thirst when this happens -> avoided by pills.

+suggestion(Last one)

Is it a idea to raise the pill limit a-bit but having too many popped at a time cause the opposite - constipation (queasy, slow runs speed, feeling like one cant eat even though they arent full- being bloated and clogged sucks...)

Thank you!

• Please at least read the entire OP and try my mod in game before you give suggestions, it is already possible to defecate yourself when panicked and it's already affected by those traits.
  • I didn't program anything to specifically stop players defecating themselves when sleeping, it can still happen if you're "sleeping" in a multiplayer server, when other players aren't. I'll need to test and see if it still happens when the time multiplier is running.
  • This is a good idea! In the next version you will lose 200 calories when you defecate if you have diarrhea, I'll also add so you lose a small amount of thirst.
  • This is a fun idea, but I don't want to penalize the player too much with diarrhea, it's already got a lot of negatives!

1 hour ago, Faalagorn said:

I didn't had time to play much and didn't had the occasion to test various toilets, but last time I checked the tooltip was missing for the defecating on toilets as well there's no tooltip for the keybinding in options where you can change the default "." keybinding.

Also, would it be possible to actually use the underwear that spawn in-game? Ideally they would be wearable clothing and the player should spawn with one (guess we can skip zombies spawning with them, as that's certainly nothing I'd wear) and with them being wear, they'de be defecated instead of pants (unless you have diarrhea).

Finally, how about defecating in the forest? I originally suggested implementing grass item from Hydrocraft for wiping, but since we have object interaction with toilets now, would it be possible to add an option to defecating in the deep forest? Before toilet paper (or other man-made items), people just wiped with what was around and in dire need/survival you'd certainly rather want to use leaves, grass to wipe instead of running with defecated pants.

If possible, you can use the tiles that have foraging possible for the ones where you can defecate with the abundance of grass and leaves (if you can forage stuff, you can find things to wipe off certainly, even if the "useful" things are depleted), alternatively if easier to implement, maybe add defecate option to the tall grass? It could be pretty much the same as removing grass (assuming you wiped off with it and depleted it) with the exception of emptying your bowel, making sound and leaving feces behind. I think the drawbacks for defecating in the deep forest are high enough already in compared to toilet or defecating inside a building or an open space where you're sure you won't draw any zombies, but if not enough you can add a malus when you get a tiny chance to get minor sickness by wiping with some toxic plant (preferably negated by Outdoorsman trait, though this trait is overpowered already).

I purposely didn't add tooltips. For the toilet there'd be no point, the option already says 'Defecate'. For the keybind, obviously it'll only appear if you downloaded this mod and you'll know that there's only 1 keybind that opens/closes the defecation status window.

You can defecate wherever you'd like, but TP will always be a requirement if you're not using a toilet. The balancing factor of the toilet is it always makes a very loud flush.

26 minutes ago, nater said:

I purposely didn't add tooltips. For the toilet there'd be no point, the option already says 'Defecate'. For the keybind, obviously it'll only appear if you downloaded this mod and you'll know that there's only 1 keybind that opens/closes the defecation status window.

You can defecate wherever you'd like, but TP will always be a requirement if you're not using a toilet. The balancing factor of the toilet is it always makes a very loud flush.

I forgot which tooltip was it when sitting on the toilet, I'll test that out soon. About the keybinding, screenshot is worth more than a thosand words I guess, so should have added it earlier ;) (I changed a lot of keybindings)

20180720184217_1.thumb.jpg.099fb13bb42275ef07892ef1d8eeac8e.jpg

I also think that the binding should be listed in "UI" rather than "hotkeys", assuming it's possible.

As far as defecating, I'd love to see some option to defecate without access to TP and water other than pooping yourself since it comes natural for me for the characters surviving in forests, but I guess with vehicles, wide map, servers with respawning loot, unlimited amount of zombies clothes and ability to use different things to wipe and an option to jury-rig a rain barrel to provide water for the toilet (assuming it works!), inability to defecate properly would be slim in comparison to actually keeping the character alive and in well being in the first place :).

• nater changed the title to Defecation v2.22