Cash & Its Uses

GrumpyTheClown

This is my first PZ suggestion in this forum. So this has probably been suggested before or the developers are planning to add cash which would make searching wallets off dead zombies useful?

I believe the game could be modified to make cash useful. Perhaps vending machines and gas pumps.

Cash could be looted from containers or zombies? Maybe cash could be obtained from atms using an ATM card or disassembling if you have high enough electrical.

I found it weird how you could grab everything in a vending machine without even tampering with it or inserting cash. I propose that to get snacks/soda from vending machines you have to pay cash or disassemble it to get all the cash and snacks inside if you have high enough electrical.

Maybe implement a pay at the pump system at some gas stations so whenever trying to obtain gas you would have to use that cash[or use a credit card maybe?]

I hope people like this suggestion and I hope others can add some ideas to this topic.

I was actually thinking about this. I was thinking of using cash to trade with survivors when they get put in. I mean every society has a medium of trade aside from items. The items have to have a representative value behind them. Seeing as gold is pretty null it makes logical sense the survivors would use paper currency as that medium of value instead and continue using it. 

Yeah I often thought about this,
In respect to vending machine brute force could also be a solution if you're willing to make the noise and deal with glass.

I'm not too sure about the pay at pump concept as the game is set in 1992.  (Two years before I was born so forgive if this was already a thing back then)

It would be great even just a lore item (and as mentioned above, fuel for fire) but yes would make wallets useful.
I like the concept of ATM and credit cards, however you would have to guess the pin.  Are you lucky enough to get it right within the three attempts before the card is swallowed by the machine. XD

10 hours ago, MrCouper said:

1992.  (Two years before I was born so forgive if this was already a thing back then)

Young 'un I was born in 1992. Back in my day babies popped out with cigars and vodka. And we turned out all right. Well except for that uhh zombie apocalypse thing that happened a year after. A very small an irrelevant thing though. lol