Typos/mispelling etc in some areas

MadDan

Obviously, I understand this is low priority but still, they decrease from some of the polish of the game so any dev with free time would be appreciated fixing these.

• Under skill books: "This book give you XP multiplier..." > "This book gives you an XP multiplier..."
  • ChessBlack and ChessWhite (etc) > Black Chess Piece/White Chess Piece (or whichever suits best)

20180629150007_1.thumb.jpg.2441fb37e15823d7ff2f7431f9d70365.jpg

• Carpentry menu has some incorrect capitalizations, typos/misspelling and missing information about some items
  • The cooking menu has some issues with crafted recipes. For example, adding honey or other condiments you're allowed add result in: "Honey  and sandwich" instead of "Honey Sandwich"
  • And stuff like this too should just be Roasted Vegetables, but I added vegetables twice. Might be lots more worth looking into also

20180630195938_1.thumb.jpg.f3cb9ac63233fb2ac120c199bcc590f5.jpg

Will edit more as I find them. I think there might be a good bit more in the cooking menu but I haven't cooked everything it has to offer.

Edited by MadDan2013

Thanks for posting them!

On 08/07/2018 at 1:46 PM, MadDan2013 said:
  • ChessBlack and ChessWhite (etc) > Black Chess Piece/White Chess Piece (or whichever suits best)

20180629150007_1.thumb.jpg.2441fb37e15823d7ff2f7431f9d70365.jpg

I mentioned that (and other typos in item names) in this bug report. I was also going to suggest rename of the Berries and Mushrooms to name them after the colors, as are different icons for them anyway.

There are other typos in names, particularly in movables where there's a lot of placeholders. There's also a typo when you die without killing any zombies when you kill "0 zombie" (should be plural, zombies).

You can also easily look up all the text in the translation files posted on GitHub, though of course it's better to know the context by spotting them in-game. These files are used for translation and were originally posted in this thread but I was wondering whether it is possible to make Pull Requests with the English typo correction, maybe @Connall will answer that?

2 hours ago, Faalagorn said:

Thanks for posting them!

I mentioned that (and other typos in item names) in this bug report. I was also going to suggest rename of the Berries and Mushrooms to name them after the colors, as are different icons for them anyway.

There are other typos in names, particularly in movables where there's a lot of placeholders. There's also a typo when you die without killing any zombies when you kill "0 zombie" (should be plural, zombies).

You can also easily look up all the text in the translation files posted on GitHub, though of course it's better to know the context by spotting them in-game. These files are used for translation and were originally posted in this thread but I was wondering whether it is possible to make Pull Requests with the English typo correction, maybe @Connall will answer that?

That bug report served as a basis for an update of the english translations, which should go out soon-ish? If it's not out already. One problem I encountered was that updating English Item names broke translations (which I had to spend a fair bit of time fixing) because translation keys are generated (weirdly) by the English Display Name rather than using the item name as a key.

19 hours ago, Connall said:

That bug report served as a basis for an update of the english translations, which should go out soon-ish? If it's not out already. One problem I encountered was that updating English Item names broke translations (which I had to spend a fair bit of time fixing) because translation keys are generated (weirdly) by the English Display Name rather than using the item name as a key.

Thanks! I didn't notice the fact the strings was updated after that my bug report. I don't see any of the strings I mentioned, but I think not all the files used for translation are there in EN folder unfortunately (in that case no Items_EN.txt), but I see you fixed one of the issue reported by someone else before ("Large" instead of "Lage"). It would be nice indeed if all the English files would be there and if you'd accept pull request with typo fixes, I'd gladly send them, guess that could save some work for the team just having to review them and not actually search through the files for the strings :).

It's kinda weird that translations use English name though, hopefully that could be something to look in somewhere down the road, but until then guess all the translations will have to be updated accordingly, which is a minor PITA, but nothing impossible – if okay, I can send pull requests for those when I have free time to ease the effort until then :).

52 minutes ago, Faalagorn said:

Thanks! I didn't notice the fact the strings was updated after that my bug report. I don't see any of the strings I mentioned, but I think not all the files used for translation are there in EN folder unfortunately (in that case no Items_EN.txt), but I see you fixed one of the issue reported by someone else before ("Large" instead of "Lage"). It would be nice indeed if all the English files would be there and if you'd accept pull request with typo fixes, I'd gladly send them, guess that could save some work for the team just having to review them and not actually search through the files for the strings :).

It's possible the branch hasn't made it in yet then, because I most definitely made the changes. No, items and such are not in the translation folder but tied to their actual recipes and item deceleration, which causes unfortunate issues with translations.

54 minutes ago, Faalagorn said:

It's kinda weird that translations use English name though, hopefully that could be something to look in somewhere down the road, but until then guess all the translations will have to be updated accordingly, which is a minor PITA, but nothing impossible – if okay, I can send pull requests for those when I have free time to ease the effort until then :).

I agree, which is why I want to change it. I can see this coming back to bite us in the ass down the line again, the flipside of it is though if I make the change it's going to break a lot of translations since the keys will need to be updated to the new style. Should be easy enough for items, but not so easy with recipe names.