Screen freezes but still can move and hear sounds

adamfr

Question

Hello,

Screen freezes randomly and permamently during game but I can still move my character and hear everything etc. Its happening both SP and coop. Right now its unplayable, every game ends with this strange crash. What I have already done:

- reinstalled game, verified game data, game is up to date

- reinstalled graphic drivers, directx, vicual c++

- tried running game as administrator and in compatibility mode

- tried lowering details

My specs:

Ryzen 3 1200, 16 gb ram, GeForce 1060 6gb

Any ideas anyone? 

4 answers to this question

Also try disabling the Steam Overlay

Open the Steam client and navigate to the Steam > Settings/Preferences > In-game tab. Uncheck the box next to Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game.

https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steam/support/faq/overlay_options.JPG

If that doesnt help, right after you get the strange crash, go to C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid

Open the console.txt
Copy everything from there to https://pastebin.com/
Share the link to the pastebin here.

Hello,

I have the same problem, and two fellow players experienced it too (on the same server). It always follow the same procedure :

1. the video freezes, but the sound is still working. We can open the game menu by pressing ESC (no more sound), but nothing happens, we can't even quit the game.

2. we have to ALT+F4 or CTRL+ALT+DEL to quit the game.

3. when we log ing again, the screen stays black, but we hear sounds. Same for the game menu.

4. We had to delete our saves folders in c:\users\username\zomboid

It happened 3 times in a short time (1h). Maybe it's a server issue... I Tried to restart the server before deleting the save folder, the result was no big difference : i had a frozen image instead of black screen, but could still hear my character get ripped off by zombies... If it happens again, i'll post my console.txt

Archived