Some vehicles just won't start

eldergamer

I've found several vehicles that were in excellent shape but were out of gas. By excellent shape I mean all the vehicle stats are in the green around 80% and above. I put gas in them but they just wont start. This isn't happening all the time just here and there. I've gone back to a few of them and completely dismantled them. I replaced all the parts repairing the vehicle to perfection. I turn the key and still, No joy!

Is this happening to anyone else because I'm not seeing anyone on the forums talking about it?

Eldergamer

22 minutes ago, Fenris_Wolf said:

Chances of starting are more based on engine 'quality' not 'condition'. Atm theres nothing you can do to improve quality short of modding.

Well hmmm... Thanks for your reply.

I think I understand what your saying Fenris_Wolf. The vehicles condition could be 100% but it's a prop. It was never meant to start. They programed some cars to be duds and that's that.

What bothers me so much about that is that I always viewed this game as a DIY simulator of sorts. This subject of engines hits pretty close to home. I can't count how many engines I've returned from the grave. There is always a way to improve engine quality. It just doesn't sit well with me when I know there's something I could do in real life but the game just doesn't accommodate for it.

I mean if 100% of the engine is represented by 5 engine parts all low quality and you replace all five parts then you've replaced the entirety of the engine. It's a new engine! The quality of the new engine should be based on the level of quality of the parts being used to build it. That's the logic I was expecting.

Eldergamer

2 hours ago, eldergamer said:

Well hmmm... Thanks for your reply.

I think I understand what your saying Fenris_Wolf. The vehicles condition could be 100% but it's a prop. It was never meant to start. They programed some cars to be duds and that's that.

What bothers me so much about that is that I always viewed this game as a DIY simulator of sorts. This subject of engines hits pretty close to home. I can't count how many engines I've returned from the grave. There is always a way to improve engine quality. It just doesn't sit well with me when I know there's something I could do in real life but the game just doesn't accommodate for it.

I mean if 100% of the engine is represented by 5 engine parts all low quality and you replace all five parts then you've replaced the entirety of the engine. It's a new engine! The quality of the new engine should be based on the level of quality of the parts being used to build it. That's the logic I was expecting.

Eldergamer

Just message the dev and give this as a suggestion for the vehicles

8 minutes ago, jamesorbe0 said:

Just message the dev and give this as a suggestion for the vehicles

Thanks for your reply jamesorbe0, I should post this issue to the suggestion area. Also the issue of being able to sleep in vehicles but not rest in them. The logic behind that one escapes me as well.

Also if your interested check out my post on Disassemble and Destroy commands for vehicles and parts.

Eldergamer

Archived