Why on earth is zomboid in the 90s

1 hour ago, Dr_Cox1911 said:

80s had awesome music, but the 90s were my childhood and has "strange" music

Having survived both the 80's and 90's, I'm pretty sure you got that backwards.

I'm going to spend the rest of my life trying to forget the horrible music that came out of the 80's.

8 hours ago, Fenris_Wolf said:

I'm going to spend the rest of my life trying to forget the horrible music that came out of the 80's.

The 80's: Metallica: Master of Puppets and Kill em' All.

The 90's: the black album or some Load

Or reload of $h!t.

QED

:P

8 hours ago, Fenris_Wolf said:

Really?!

I mean just look at all the classic rock stuff like Burning Heart and than you have stuff like this:

Spoiler

2 hours ago, grammarsalad said:

The 80's: Metallica: Master of Puppets and Kill em' All.

The 90's: the black album or some Load

I will concede metallica went on a epic failure at the start of the 90's (like many metal bands).

Its easy to find specific examples for either argument, so I'll focus on genres (disclaimer: 80's i was mostly into metal, 90's industrial)

After the 70's things took a drastic shift. The punk scene had lost alot of its steam, and bizarre popular music like disco was out. People started experimenting with new styles, and many of these experiments were totally strange. Yes metal picked up momentum from its earlier forefathers and some excellent stuff was produced during the 80's...but lets not forget what else the 80's gave birth to: Glam Rock.

2 hours ago, Dr_Cox1911 said:

classic rock stuff like Burning Heart

Sorry doc, I definitely consider the 80's 'classic' pop rock scene strange, and that video you linked to...well... thats just as bad >.<

The 80's experiments in alternative sounds created all sorts of weirdness which lead to (many cases..obviously not that video link above) a much more refined sound after. Alternative Rock: take bands like Faith No More as a example, their early 80's stuff was just out there, and wasn't til the late 80's they really got their shit in order. Syth Pop..well..too many examples of bizarre stuff there from the 80's that became much more refined in the 90's..same with Industrial..hell just look at some old Ministry.

Skipping over to hip hop, while it was starting to hit mainstream popularity in the late 80's and produced some legendary icons in those years, it also came out with a lot of horrible stuff that actually became popular (ie: MC Hammer, Vanilla Ice...)

I could go on...but it will always be my opinion that many genres didn't actually get their act together til around the mid 90's.

(thread officially hijacked!)

It's a good thing for the game in many ways, IMO

The information age didn't dawn on everyone at the same time, and not too long ago people were actually quite reliant on radio, tv, and systems of actual physical telephony.

Would anyone really want to be able to craft an automated zombie-hunting drone that you can control from a tablet in a zombified isometric adventure game?

But I'm really posting because I'm just so so glad that I'm not the only person here who can remember most of both decades.

And because Puppets and the black album are indisputably the two best Metallica albums.

Archived