Hiding in cars.

MadDan

Not sure if this is intended but I personally don't feel it should work this way.

Number One: Zombies recognize you're in a car regardless if you've chased them off. If they're near a car you're in, they won't pass it by.

Number Two: They know when you switch seats and exactly the seat you're in. For example, switching from the driver seat to back left passenger seat, they all move to that location. In big hordes, this doesn't matter, but in small groups, it ruins the immersion of "dumb zombies".

Number Three: These cause an issue of not being able to sleep in any car that's near small groups, so you need to get a car that works, drive to a safe location, which is most likely a safehouse and might as well sleep there for a better quality of sleep. Thus making sleeping in cars practically useless if you get caught out at night.

Suggestion: Add the possibility of "hiding" in the car in the context menu which decreases your chances of being seen. Also allow the possibility of small groups bypassing the car, especially when you're hiding, no radio is on, the car isn't started and basically no noise is coming from the car.

Edited by MadDan2013

21 minutes ago, MadDan2013 said:

Number Two: They know when you switch seats and exactly the seat you're in. For example, switching from the driver seat to back left passenger seat, they all move to that location. In big hordes, this doesn't matter, but in small groups, it ruins the immersion of "dumb zombies".

It should perhaps be depending on the sandbox settings. A car has windows and a zombie would see any person moving in it.

In an apocalype I'd be careful and try to prevent to sleep in a car, because of the windows, which could be broken and then you're nearly dead. Sleeping in the driver seat would be quite uncomfortable and in the back seat you need some time to get to the front. Any passing zombie could smell or see you, so sleeping in a car would be an emergency situation for me.
If you sleep in a back of a van with no windows, it's a completely other thing though.

3 minutes ago, Ornament said:

It should perhaps be depending on the sandbox settings. A car has windows and a zombie would see any person moving in it.

I disagree on sandbox settings, I mean unless the devs think it doesn't fit the lore. It just definitely feels too... targeted, for lack of a better word. I actually thought about it for a bit, and I think it's due to a limitation with zombies not being able to climb in cars at the moment (if they ever will be with the animation update). So they inserted this focused targeting to deal with it at the moment. I hope that's it and they are able to resolve it.