RELEASED: WEATHER TEST BUILD
10 10

96 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, myhappines said:

Are there any way too heat the house? As i know only cars has heaters, what about home heaters? Also i think there should be ability to build the fireplace for your home. Winter is realy painful and imbalanced.

There are fireplaces in rich houses. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, myhappines said:

Are there any way too heat the house? As i know only cars has heaters, what about home heaters? Also i think there should be ability to build the fireplace for your home. Winter is realy painful and imbalanced.

 

You can safely build campfires indoors now.

 

https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/topic/24075-released-weather-test-build/&page=2&tab=comments#comment-273166

Edited by nater

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, myhappines said:

Are there any way too heat the house? As i know only cars has heaters, what about home heaters? Also i think there should be ability to build the fireplace for your home. Winter is realy painful and imbalanced.

With this patch you can now build campfire inside a home safely. I didn't test it but other heat sources such as Charcoal and Propane BBQ, Antique oven and of course the regular ovens with the electricity could contribute to the heat too. I asked about the air conditioners that are visible in some houses, but I assume they don't work yet. I also don't think that candles or lights contribute to the total heat, but that would be a good idea – especially for candles, but knowing that there was no popularized energy-saving lamps at 1990s they could contribute some heat too…

Edited by Faalagorn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my opinion, the Sandbox settings should allow you to choose your weather. What if I want hot summers and winter wonderlands each time? I believe that I should be given that choice over an uniform system that may or may not be more realistic. (That said, I agree that the realistic system should be the default.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any reason I can't find my previous survivors body? Is it a bug or was it a feature change because I go back to where I died and not one ounce of evidence is present to say my previous survivor was there. My survivor in question died of "natural" causes so he wouldn't have reanimated and moved. Kinda aggravating not being able to find all my stuff after death the only remnant of my previous survivor is the structures he built all gear is gone like *poof*.

 

Apologies if I shouldn't be posting this here but I can't tell if its a bug for this patch or if it was a feature change in the past as I haven't played in months.

 

-Irish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TheIrishAce said:

Is there any reason I can't find my previous survivors body? Is it a bug or was it a feature change because I go back to where I died and not one ounce of evidence is present to say my previous survivor was there. My survivor in question died of "natural" causes so he wouldn't have reanimated and moved. Kinda aggravating not being able to find all my stuff after death the only remnant of my previous survivor is the structures he built all gear is gone like *poof*.

 

Apologies if I shouldn't be posting this here but I can't tell if its a bug for this patch or if it was a feature change in the past as I haven't played in months.

 

-Irish

I had that bug in stable/iwbums 39.67.5 in multiplayer. You can see if your body is invisible by standing near the place you died. It sometimes happens with zombie body too and even zombies themselves(!). There should be a bug report about it in bug report forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Faalagorn said:

I had that bug in stable/iwbums 39.67.5 in multiplayer. You can see if your body is invisible by standing near the place you died. It sometimes happens with zombie body too and even zombies themselves(!). There should be a bug report about it in bug report forum.

Ok that's good information thanks!

The reason I ask is it a feature or bug is because I tested it myself to see if it was a bug and with every death the body would disappear with all gear(tested 5 times). So that led me to believe it was a feature but if it's a bug that has been reported in the past I shouldn't have to report it again should I?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, TheIrishAce said:

Ok that's good information thanks!

The reason I ask is it a feature or bug is because I tested it myself to see if it was a bug and with every death the body would disappear with all gear(tested 5 times). So that led me to believe it was a feature but if it's a bug that has been reported in the past I shouldn't have to report it again should I?

I though it was reported, but I don't see it, maybe I'm blind but if not maybe it's worth reporting separately in bug reports, unless some dev acknowledge it as a known issue?

BTW, you can see if you can access zombie inventory by standing close to it, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2018 at 3:01 PM, Faalagorn said:

I also don't think that candles or lights contribute to the total heat, but that would be a good idea – especially for candles, but knowing that there was no popularized energy-saving lamps at 1990s they could contribute some heat too…

Pretty much all electronics should have some effect on indoor temperatures - especially in a small room. When I was living with my parents, I remember having to open my bedroom window in winter to deal with the heat emanating from my computer and X-Box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Also it will be good if in winter you still have electricity, there will be a central heating activated and it will warm up house.

 

Upd: Oh, how about air conditioners and fans in some houses? It's good because dying because of hypertermia is inevitable right now.

Edited by Burger_Time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2018 at 11:40 AM, Burger_Time said:

Also it will be good if in winter you still have electricity, there will be a central heating activated and it will warm up house.

 

Upd: Oh, how about air conditioners and fans in some houses? It's good because dying because of hypertermia is inevitable right now.

 Hey! that's a great idea! Now this could be done VERY easily guys, all you'd need to do is have mash make is tiny thermostat panel on the walls of houses (probably like the size of a light switch turned on its side. then when its accessed with the "e" key a menu pops up with the same kind of dile set like the cars A/C. coding wise you'd have to figure out how to cool the whole houses interior, but I'm curious if the way that fog reads the outside edges of houses could be implemented for keeping a a/c system hot or cold in the boundaries of the house. Devs, you should deff add this in!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, if it wasn't mentioned/implemented yet, eating cooled down food should cool you down (and eating hot food shold warm you up) – that would finally give reason to keep non-perishables in fridge during early game (and who doesn't enjoy a cold solda or ice cream during hot summer?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I see there's new weather build being downloaded. The update was quite big (134.3MB being downloaded), but there's no changelog in-game. Any plan to give a rough list of changes that's been made in the meantime :P? I see there's new chat and the sliding sounds have been added (though I hear sliding sounds when trying to ignite an engine on a car without fuel, which is odd), and the bugs about unkillable zombies and not working horn were fixed.

 

From the other changes I spotted comparing the .txt files:

  • Sounds effect names have been fixed/changed and there's new files govering sounds to make them moddable, as was teased in Thurstoid
  • Empty wine bottle can now be filled with water
  • Bow of Soup give thirst now
  • Whole/Sliced/Slashed watermelon can now be used for recipes
  • Radio recipes got NoBrokenItems:true, but I don't know what exactly it means
  • Some fixes to vehicles (probably that's what fixed the horns, too) and I think the teased fixes to opening doors (don't know what exactly was the problem, but I see new addition to the respective files)

No changes to distribution.lua, didn't compare other files

 

EDIT: I didn't look for any of the map for fixes yet

 

 We never got the rough changes for previous 40.3 build too, but for those that I noticed earlier were (other than weather itself):

 

Edited by Faalagorn
EDIT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Faalagorn said:

I see there's new weather build being downloaded. The update was quite big (130+MB being downloaded), but there's no changelog in-game. Any plan to give a rough list of changes that's been made in the meantime :P? I see there's new chat and the sliding sounds have been added (though I hear sliding sounds when trying to ignite an engine on a car without fuel, which is odd), and the bugs about unkillable zombies and not working horn were fixed.

 

From the other changes I spotted comparing the .txt files:

  • Sounds effect names have been fixed/changed and there's new files govering sounds to make them moddable, as was teased in Thurstoid
  • Empty wine bottle can now be filled with water
  • Bow of Soup give thirst now
  • Whole/Sliced/Slashed watermelon can now be used for recipes
  • Radio recipes got NoBrokenItems:true, but I don't know what exactly it means
  • Some fixes to vehicles (probably that's what fixed the horns, too) and I think the teased fixes to opening doors (don't know what exactly was the problem, but I see new addition to the respective files)

No changes to distribution.lua, didn't compare other files

Yes, this update is good. Here's some things I've seen:

Now you have to focus headlights.

If trunk/hood missing, car's model actually missing trunk/hood.

They've added ability to "Overinflate" tyres. Again.

Edited by Burger_Time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Burger_Time said:

Yes, this update is good. Here's some things I've seen:

Now you have to focus headlights.

If trunk/hood missing, car's model actually missing trunk/hood.

They've added ability to "Overinflate" tyres. Again.

Oh right, focusing headlights was there in 40.3 but I didn't test it extensively other than the focus value could go over 100 probably by accident (what is it supposed to do?) Didn't spot the rest, nice find!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Faalagorn said:

I see there's new weather build being downloaded. The update was quite big (134.3MB being downloaded), but there's no changelog in-game. Any plan to give a rough list of changes that's been made in the meantime :P? I see there's new chat and the sliding sounds have been added (though I hear sliding sounds when trying to ignite an engine on a car without fuel, which is odd), and the bugs about unkillable zombies and not working horn were fixed.

A couple things were mentioned in the Thursdoid, and this: "We’ll try get you a complete change-list soon".

Edit: also I believe there was a rewrite of the sound system, just take a look at the advanced audio settings.

Edited by Vaileasys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Note that you can customize the new chat by pressing Enter or T (to focus it) then right clicking it. You switch channels with the Tab key. Admins have a private chat in a seperate tab. Click the Lock icon to drag the window larger or smaller (still have to press enter). We'll look at making it more userfriendly and have some ideas towards that end, but wouldn't more mind feedback/suggestions. :) 

The reason we have Enter/T focus the window is so that you can finght through the chat. It shouldn't intercept right clicks or left clicks unless you press enter or T. 

Things like font size and transparency are customizable in the right-click menu. It also supports Discord intergation. 

 

To enable a Discord bot, all you need to do is follow this guide: https://github.com/reactiflux/discord-irc/wiki/Creating-a-discord-bot-&-getting-a-token then add the token and channel name to the Servertest.ini. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two things I've noticed:

 

1) The sounds of doors opening and closing is strangely quiet

 

2) When editing maps, the blue symbols are green

 

That's all I've noticed so far

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

Will this make it to this update? Because I was expecting to see this at some point in this build, or is it for anims/post anims content? Just curious because this would go very well with the update. I mean we got wind now, except no trees are swaying....

Edited by Icy Motto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
10 10