Stuck on doing LUA checksum, PLEASE HELP

dingodoggo69

Question

Hi all, 

Already posted this question but didn't get much support, really need help. Whenever I try to join a game of mtiplayer it will begin loading but once it reaches the doing check sum stage it never goes past it. This is what the console looks like. Please help as I cannot play any multiplayer with my friends, only single player by myself. 

Capture.JPG

19 answers to this question

On 7/17/2018 at 9:12 PM, nater said:

It's still the same issue. Either you have an out of date file, or somehow, both your friend and the server does, so it is allowing them to join. If the server is setup correctly, you can unsubscribe from all of your mods, and when joining you will be prompted to download the correct mods. When you unsubscribe, you may want to make sure that all the files are actually deleted from \users\Zomboid\mods except the 'examplemod' folder. As well as the steam workshop files, located in the 'Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\108600\' folder.

Have had some success, no more Lua checksum but now i get an error saying "failed to download server map". Any ideas?

2 hours ago, dingodoggo69 said:

Have had some success, no more Lua checksum but now i get an error saying "failed to download server map". Any ideas?

You might need to delete your character save file located in My Computer/C:/Users/(account name)/Zomboid/Saves/Multiplayer/ServerIP_Yourname

In the "ServerIP" there will be numbers depending on the server you are trying to connect, so the server IP. You can see the servers IP in the server browser on the right side.
Delete the whole folder and see if that helps.

On 6/30/2018 at 4:23 PM, Beard said:

I would try reinstalling the game and unsubscribing from all the mods on Steam Workshop, there is a button for that.

Also go to C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid  and delete the "mods" folder.

Just done a full reinstall and deleted my mod folder and unsubscribed through steam but it's still stuck "doing checksum" :(

22 hours ago, Beard said:

You might need to delete your character save file located in My Computer/C:/Users/(account name)/Zomboid/Saves/Multiplayer/ServerIP_Yourname

In the "ServerIP" there will be numbers depending on the server you are trying to connect, so the server IP. You can see the servers IP in the server browser on the right side.
Delete the whole folder and see if that helps.

Tried deleting the folder, still get stuck at receiving 80/529 chunks then back to failed to download server map :/

Try going to C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid and rename the "Saves" folder to "Saves_Backup" or something, then try connecting to the servers again.
The "Saves_Backup" is there so if you have any singleplayer game saves they will be in that folder.

One of your Lua files doesn't match your friends. The easiest way to fix this would be for all of you to remove your mods from your \users\zomboid\mods folder and then steam will redownload them. This will ensure you all have the same, up to date files, and no extra old files.

It is also possible the error is coming from a mismatch of an Lua file in your install directory. As you have done a reinstall already, this should have ensured you have the latest files, so your friend may need to reinstall as well.

On 7/25/2018 at 1:02 AM, EnigmaGrey said:

No, but at this point my only guess is Internet issues, either quality of the connection (dropping packets) or the distance to the servers you're trying to connect to. Most are either in the US, Canada, or Europe.  That's usually more common on wireless or mobile, but it can happen even with a wired Internet connection. 

My ping to the server is less than 100ms, is that reasonable?

Does this happen on any multiplayer game you are trying to join? Have you tried reinstalling the game?

If none of this helps, you can try sharing the whole console file.

After you try loading into the server and the game freezes, quit the game and go to C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid

Open the console.txt
Copy everything from there to https://pastebin.com/
Share the link to the pastebin here.

On 7/16/2018 at 5:00 AM, nater said:

One of your Lua files doesn't match your friends. The easiest way to fix this would be for all of you to remove your mods from your \users\zomboid\mods folder and then steam will redownload them. This will ensure you all have the same, up to date files, and no extra old files.

It is also possible the error is coming from a mismatch of an Lua file in your install directory. As you have done a reinstall already, this should have ensured you have the latest files, so your friend may need to reinstall as well.

I am joining a public server when i attempt to connect, would this affect it?

9 hours ago, dingodoggo69 said:

I am joining a public server when i attempt to connect, would this affect it?

It's still the same issue. Either you have an out of date file, or somehow, both your friend and the server does, so it is allowing them to join. If the server is setup correctly, you can unsubscribe from all of your mods, and when joining you will be prompted to download the correct mods. When you unsubscribe, you may want to make sure that all the files are actually deleted from \users\Zomboid\mods except the 'examplemod' folder. As well as the steam workshop files, located in the 'Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\108600\' folder.

On 7/3/2018 at 6:44 PM, Beard said:

Try going to C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid and rename the "Saves" folder to "Saves_Backup" or something, then try connecting to the servers again.
The "Saves_Backup" is there so if you have any singleplayer game saves they will be in that folder.

Just gave it a go mate, still no luck :/// have reinstalled several times

7 hours ago, dingodoggo69 said:

No, should I be? I uSe a wired ADSL2+ connection.

No, but at this point my only guess is Internet issues, either quality of the connection (dropping packets) or the distance to the servers you're trying to connect to. Most are either in the US, Canada, or Europe.  That's usually more common on wireless or mobile, but it can happen even with a wired Internet connection. 

On 6/27/2018 at 5:26 PM, Beard said:

Does this happen on any multiplayer game you are trying to join? Have you tried reinstalling the game?

If none of this helps, you can try sharing the whole console file.

After you try loading into the server and the game freezes, quit the game and go to C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid

Open the console.txt
Copy everything from there to https://pastebin.com/
Share the link to the pastebin here.

Tried a couple of different servers and different locations but had no luck, here is the paste bin: https://pastebin.com/GetFYXF2

Archived