Motorcycles

TheWraithPlayer

With the addition of cars, I'd be excited to see motorbikes, or even just plain bicycles. Here are my ideas on the subject:

1. Bicycle- a human powered vehicle that simply requires human endurance and occasional maintenance, though most of the time even slightly rusty bikes with serve you well, as long as the teeth on the chain don't bust. Has increased mobility over cars but decreased speed.
  2. Motorcycle- combines the speed and noise of a car and the mobility of a bicycle. The only negatives with these are noise and the amount of practice it takes to be any good with one. (which brings me to my next point)
  3. Riding skill- someone who has ridden a motorbike will tell you, it is a skill. Someone who has never rode before won't be able to just hop on a bike and run away with any speed or grace. It takes practice. Lower skill should cause lower speed and maneuverability, possibly (though as it would aggravate players would be better served as a sandbox setting) stalling out your newly acquired 'iron horse'
  4. Riding gear- these are the ideas I have on clothing added along with bikes
    1. Motorcycle helmet- offers head protection and negates head bites and scratches, but would make everything a little bit darker, making it difficult to use at night unless you had a light of some kind (headlights, flashlight, outdoor porch light, street lamp, etc.)
    2. Bicycle helmet- as above, except less protection and no drawbacks
    3. Leather jacket, legs, and boots- all offer protection against bites and scratches, as well as some armor
  5. Saddle bags- not always in bag form (the ones I've seen are thin metal crates strapped onto the bag and side) the offer storage, usually for tools or other equipment

This is what I've got. If you have any other ideas or concerns, please comment below. And as always, thanks for reading.

I wonder though since we can't see our character in the vehicles (windows are blacked out), how would they come around that with Motorcycles, as in showing your character riding the bike? Maybe animations will allow that to happen? I'm fully on board with adding Motorcycles though.

15 hours ago, MadDan2013 said:

I wonder though since we can't see our character in the vehicles (windows are blacked out), how would they come around that with Motorcycles, as in showing your character riding the bike? Maybe animations will allow that to happen? I'm fully on board with adding Motorcycles though.

That's what I was thinking, that maybe it'd go along with or shortly after the animations update they've been working on.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love the idea of Motorbikes, and bicycles, with generally less storage.

Also riding a motorbike should be more dangerous and less forgiving. You don't have a seatbelt after all. And collisions could result in you falling off the bike, sustaining various amounts of damage ( depending on speed, and gear you wear). Also generally most bikes are louder than cars, but also can be faster, and are more "nimble".  I'd personally love to go for a bicicle trip in the middle of zombie apocalypse. (Not joking I believe bikes are the best invention regarding transport in the history of mankind, and i have my reasons!)