Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Project Zomboid - now with added minions!

6 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I just finished a whole Zomboid series on my channel for the first time, and I had a brilliant time. I play as overlord to a slowly growing number of minions over the course of the series, who are varying levels of obedient. We're starting a new series with vehicles this week too!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually just found this recently, I really enjoyed it. And I'm looking forward to the playthrough with vehicles. :-D

The ending of this series though loved just listening to you guys while I watched (I think Wee Hours) wander through the middle of nowhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MadDan2013 said:

I actually just found this recently, I really enjoyed it. And I'm looking forward to the playthrough with vehicles. :-D

The ending of this series though loved just listening to you guys while I watched (I think Wee Hours) wander through the middle of nowhere. 

Oh my gosh, I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I had a brilliant time! And of course, that wandering through the wilderness is what saved Wee Hours from the slaughter, and left him the winner by default. The very unexpected winner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Civillain said:

Oh my gosh, I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I had a brilliant time! And of course, that wandering through the wilderness is what saved Wee Hours from the slaughter, and left him the winner by default. The very unexpected winner.

Glad to see people enjoying the game. I know you play a variety of games, and it's not fun to become stuck to a single game, but I hope you guys check out future builds, like the animation update. It's cool to see new player's reactions to updates and the game in general since I've lost that feeling of surprise with so many hours.

 

Also would you consider a solo survival playthrough of the game in the future? Ambiguous Amphibian plays a good amount of solo Zomboid who's really entertaining and I think you'd be fun to watch play also.

 

Most Zomboid players on YouTube know literally everything about the game and personally I find that a bit boring to watch. Regardless,  it's your channel so you play what you enjoy. But, thanks for the entertainment.

 

Apologies for the long reply, I can ramble when it comes to Zomboid. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, MadDan2013 said:

Glad to see people enjoying the game. I know you play a variety of games, and it's not fun to become stuck to a single game, but I hope you guys check out future builds, like the animation update. It's cool to see new player's reactions to updates and the game in general since I've lost that feeling of surprise with so many hours.

 

Also would you consider a solo survival playthrough of the game in the future? Ambiguous Amphibian plays a good amount of solo Zomboid who's really entertaining and I think you'd be fun to watch play also.

 

Most Zomboid players on YouTube know literally everything about the game and personally I find that a bit boring to watch. Regardless,  it's your channel so you play what you enjoy. But, thanks for the entertainment.

 

Apologies for the long reply, I can ramble when it comes to Zomboid. :D

I'm quite wary of getting stuck to any specific game (I mean, it's kind of already happened), but I think the 4 of us will stick with Zomboid for a while.  We've all enjoyed it, and it has that real sandbox potential for us to do a lot of cool projects in it. I know I have ideas ;) 

 

As to a solo playthough - I'd be up for something like that, but I'm not sure I'll get around to it. I have a list as long as my arm of requested series and games I want to play, so it doesn't make a lot of sense for me to have two Zomboid series at once! It's definitely not off the table, especially if we end the multiplayer series. But for now, we have a whole new series ahead of us!

 

I enjoy not knowing everything in Zomboid. It's less fun when playthoughs are too perfect, strategies are too optimal. I used to play games like that and it was just tiring making everything perfect. I like the sort of organic chaos that you get in games from rolling with mistakes, planning as you play and not before, but I'm getting a bit rambley here. I'll probably take a break from Zomboid when I start to know it too well. Back in the old days, before Steam, I played Zomboid to death, and as a result I knew everything, and I got bored. It's taken me a long time to feel ready to come back to it. I really don't want to burn myself out again, so I'm going to limit my playing to keep it fresh. That way there will be more Zomboid on my channel in the long run!

 

Now look, I've gone and rambled more than you! Your reply was clearly not too long :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Civillain said:

I'm quite wary of getting stuck to any specific game (I mean, it's kind of already happened), but I think the 4 of us will stick with Zomboid for a while.  We've all enjoyed it, and it has that real sandbox potential for us to do a lot of cool projects in it. I know I have ideas ;) 

 

As to a solo playthough - I'd be up for something like that, but I'm not sure I'll get around to it. I have a list as long as my arm of requested series and games I want to play, so it doesn't make a lot of sense for me to have two Zomboid series at once! It's definitely not off the table, especially if we end the multiplayer series. But for now, we have a whole new series ahead of us!

 

I enjoy not knowing everything in Zomboid. It's less fun when playthoughs are too perfect, strategies are too optimal. I used to play games like that and it was just tiring making everything perfect. I like the sort of organic chaos that you get in games from rolling with mistakes, planning as you play and not before, but I'm getting a bit rambley here. I'll probably take a break from Zomboid when I start to know it too well. Back in the old days, before Steam, I played Zomboid to death, and as a result I knew everything, and I got bored. It's taken me a long time to feel ready to come back to it. I really don't want to burn myself out again, so I'm going to limit my playing to keep it fresh. That way there will be more Zomboid on my channel in the long run!

 

Now look, I've gone and rambled more than you! Your reply was clearly not too long :P 

I wrote my post on a phone, so the squished text looked way longer than I now see on a desktop. ^_^

 

You played before it was released on Steam? Man, the game is just a completely different game at this stage. Especially now with vehicles in the new series should be fun to see the outcome. I know they can be a bit buggy in Multiplayer, unfortunately. It just shocks me to think I paid €4.99 for this game in 2011 and continue to get these updates I never thought I'd see in 2018, which is a long time but definitely money's worth. Hoping someday we have merchandise and/or the soundtrack released because I feel guilty somewhat. :P

 

I completely agree with you on the organic chaos in games, never a fan of backing up saves or bad decisions and much rather learn and adapt. It just does get to a point where you learn everything and wish you could go back to not knowing to enjoy the game fully again. I'm super excited for the (hopefully ASAP) animations update. I just feel like it will breathe so much more life into the game with clothing, visible backpacks and weapons/combat.

 

And absolutely, it's very important you don't burn yourself out. It's easy to lose the fun of playing games when you're playing on YouTube since people will get attached to one game/playthrough more than others. Dwarf Fortress might be another of your videos I watch, I've tried to pick that game up but understandably, it's very difficult to get a hold of the game. Good luck with the channel though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites