Resting in cars

eldergamer

You can sleep in vehicles but it appears that you can't rest in them. Is this correct or am I missing something? If it is correct then could you explain the thinking behind being able to sleep in a vehicle but not rest in one?

Thanks a bunch,

Eldergamer

13 hours ago, eldergamer said:

You can sleep in vehicles but it appears that you can't rest in them. Is this correct or am I missing something? If it is correct then could you explain the thinking behind being able to sleep in a vehicle but not rest in one?

Thanks a bunch,

Eldergamer

It is not possible to "command" your character to rest in a vehicle atm but the exertion levels do go down.

On 6/20/2018 at 4:26 AM, Pandorea said:

It is not possible to "command" your character to rest in a vehicle atm but the exertion levels do go down.

I suppose you could sit in the vehicle and F6 until your exertion drops to acceptable levels. If that is the case then is the rest command nothing more then F6'ing in a chair or is it some kind of focused recovery method that uses time for recovering more efficiently then just F6?

Thanks

Eldergamer

I would like to think that 'resting' in a vehicle is an automatic occurrence, due to sitting on a seat. However it would make sense that while driving it isn't as effective. If car is running and you're in drivers seat then loss of exertion would be less then when in a passenger seat or the car is off.

On 6/21/2018 at 6:57 PM, eldergamer said:

I suppose you could sit in the vehicle and F6 until your exertion drops to acceptable levels. If that is the case then is the rest command nothing more then F6'ing in a chair or is it some kind of focused recovery method that uses time for recovering more efficiently then just F6?

Thanks

Eldergamer

I tested using F6 while sitting in a vehicle to lower exertion and it wasn't very effective at all. I wouldn't suggest it as a viable solution. You will have to either bring a chair with you or make a chair where you intend to rest until the rest option is added to the vehicle menu. I like Abade's suggestion:

On 6/21/2018 at 9:24 PM, Abade said:

The "resting" action should not depend on chairs/sofa's at all. Let us sit anywhere, give bonuses to different furniture.

Yeah, this seems like more of a natural evolution to the rest command. Let us rest anywhere and if I may add let us sleep anywhere as well.  Give us different bonuses for the quality of the rest or sleep based on the furniture and I'd even factor in soundness of our rest or sleep by the security of the location. If I want to lay down on the ground in the middle of a field and rest or sleep I should be able to. The quality of the rest or sleep wouldn't be that good because of the lack of amenities and security but it's better than exhaustion. In real life I often cut and stack wood for the winter. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten tired and shut everything down, sat with my back against a tree, pulled my hat down over my eyes, turned my coat around using it as my blanket and rested. Often times dosing off for 20-30 minutes. I get up a bit stiff but refreshed and continued cutting and stacking until I needed another break.

Eldergamer

Archived