Radio in cars is called WaveSignalDevice, headphones and battery can not be used.

Faalagorn

The car in vehicles is called "WaveSignalDevice" (visible on title bar of the item) which I think it's a placeholder? Even if the name stays it lacks the spaces, but since the regular radios are used as a vehicle radios, I guess it should show the name of currently mounted radio.

The second issue is that you unlike the regular radios, you can't connect headphones or earbuds to the radio mounted inside the car – you can uninstall the radio, equip it and then install the headphones/earbuds manually, but if placed back inside the car they can't be used (headphones/earbuds are there, but unusable, so I suppose they don't work).

Finally, radios in the cars seems to have the (regular, not car) battery in them – I'm not sure if the battery is being depleted (seems not, as I extracted 100% ones) when used, or whether they are being used when the vehicle uses up all the car battery (never happened to me yet), but if you uninstall the radio, take the battery away and install it back, you basically have a free (regular) battery available. It would be nice if either the radios in cars spawned with no battery, or the battery inside them could actually be used (and visible inside the regular panel, along with headphones/earbuds I mentioned earlier).

For a similar issue, see also my previous bug report: Deaf character should not hear radio in car.