Bites do you fully heal

Eviltuna

I don't know for sure, because I have my settings on instant infection/kill so I never see a bite on my character.

I can theorize and other may confirm or give other info, but bite may be treated as a form of "deep wound" (hence they have a great chance of infection). To confirm that, make a test and use a suture needle or a needle and some thread to stitch the wound.  If that works, then it's only a matter of time until it heals (you'll notice when you remove a bandage, if any, that the stitch goes from "need time" to "good", once that happen remove the stitch and apply a bandage on the resulting scratch).

Hope this help :)

9 hours ago, Eviltuna said:

I have the settings set to no infection from bites and scratches and when you survivor gets a bite it will not heal. Not sure if this is a bug. any help please 

Hi Eviltuna, could you give some more info on this?

For example, what do you mean "will not heal"? does it bleed and require change of bandages or it's just a "mark" on the character health screen? Does the health continue to go down? How did you treat the wound? How long since the bite the wound remains?

Settings-wise: do you have "infection mortality" and "transmission" set to none (or what :) )?

Thanks

10 hours ago, Pandorea said:

Hi Eviltuna, could you give some more info on this?

For example, what do you mean "will not heal"? does it bleed and require change of bandages or it's just a "mark" on the character health screen? Does the health continue to go down? How did you treat the wound? How long since the bite the wound remains?

Settings-wise: do you have "infection mortality" and "transmission" set to none (or what :) )?

Thanks

Sorry i didn't leave alot of info about my problem. My settings are Transmission - None, Infection Morality - Never.

I also went out and did some testing on I dont remember when i first for the bites on my character so i went out and got attacked to get some better info to share. on Day 5 i got a bite mark on my Left upper arm and the same time for a Scratch on my Upper Torso. i also had some bite marks on my Left Forearm, head and Groin a few days before. the next day the scratch was complete healed and the Upper arm was still bitten and bleeding.  on day 8 the Head, left Forearm and Groin the bite was gone but it was still bleeding. so i wanted to try something and went out again and now got a Scratch on my Head. on day 10 the head wound was complete healed. on day 13 the Bite mark on my Left upper arm went from Bitten and bleeding to just Bleeding. as to what i used to treat the wounds was just normal bandages and if they got infected used alcohol whipes to treat them. i aslo tried the suture needle and i was not given the option to use them on the bite wounds. i hope this info was helpful. so after a while the Bite does go away but the bleed stays. 

Edited by Eviltuna