Some food not marked obsolete are not obtainable in game

Faalagorn

I have reported the issue some time ago, back when nutrition was being tested, but there are a few items currently in game that are not present in any of the lua files nor are not obtained from any recipe, meaning they can't be obtained in game with any regular means – these are:

From items.txt:

• Dough (Dough)
    not to be confused with BreadDough (currently called simply "Bread" in game) which uses Dough icon and they have the same nutrition value filled by @RobertJohnson back then. It's a remnant of the food recipes before evolved recipes arrived, so probably could be marked as OBSOLETE – however SpiffoBot at Discord still lists some (non-vanilla) recipes for it when asked for it.
  • DoughRolled (Rolled Dough)
    also remnant from the old food recipes, but this time SpiffoBot lists no recipes.
  • BakingTrayBread (Baking Tray with Bread)
    ditto – to keep the name in style with other items it should also be called "Baking Tray with Bread".
  • GrilledCheese (Grilled Cheese Sandwich)
    remnant of the past – this doesn't spawn anywhere, but it's used in Hydrocraft it seems – this item doesn't have any nutrition values in vanilla game at least and is the only item that explicitly have DangerousUncooked = FALSE flag set. it is also the only remaining item that satiates whooping 80 hunger.
  • RamenBowl (Bowl of Ramen Noodles)
    No longer used since evolved recipes.

From newitems.txt:

• CookieJelly (Raspberry Shortbread)
    Doesn't spawn anywhere and is not used in any recipes. Have unique artwork and everything including nutrition filled.
  • CookieChocolateChip (Cookie)
    ditto.
  • Candycane (Candycane)
    ditto.

From farming.txt:

• BloomingBroccoli (Seeding Broccoli)
    remnant of the old farming at the time it was still a mod? Have the same nutritional value as regular Broccoli.

Edited by Faalagorn
Verified it's still there in 40.3

31 minutes ago, Tails said:

These food items also dont seem to found at all in the food loot tables.

-Potatoes  are not found in produce bins and fridges

-Modjeksa https://pzwiki.net/wiki/Modjeska

Yup, neither at Distribution.lua nor the new VehicleDistributions.lua

EDIT: Oh nevermind, I just noticed you talk about Potatoes and Modjeska – because of the larger break I mistook that for your signature :D

Modjeska can be found in loot but not in typical food places indeed. While potatoes can only be obtained through farming or indirectly by unpacking the jar (but you have to get the jar from farming in the first place), so yeah.

Edited by Faalagorn
EDIT

• 2 weeks later...

I saw that one of the recent 39.68 weather test build added the CookieJelly, CookieChocolateChip and 
Candycane in rotation, so I crossed them out :). Also the name for BakingTrayBread and surprisingly CookieJelly got updated so I crossed them out as well, some more food variety is always welcome, especially since it was already there in game files, thank you very much!

On 27/06/2018 at 4:05 AM, TurtleShroom said:

I found Grilled Cheese Sandwiches in the Riverside Bakery a few days ago, actually.

I don't see it spawning in Distribution.lua, VehicleDistribution.lua or any other files still, are you sure it wasn't one of the mods that added it (although Undeniable lists no known location for it, and it should include spawn location added by Hydrocraft and ORGM in addition to vanilla and it actually have recipes related to it although it can't be spawned other than admin command) or it wasn't in a (really) old version of the game or an old map version, or you or the server you played didn't had the spawning files modified or spawned it by a command? If so, then keep in mind that you should have one of the most OP food available in game, satiating 80 hunger and reducing boredom, but doesn't adding any nutrition and rots quite fast – if it's the item you're talking about, as it's a remnant of the really old Zomboid version :). Here's the code for the item based on the most recent as of writing 39.68 build from items.txt:

item GrilledCheese
	{
		HungerChange	=	-80,
		Type	=	Food,
		DisplayName	=	Grilled Cheese Sandwich,
		MinutesToCook	=	5,
		Weight	=	0.3,
		IsCookable	=	TRUE,
		DaysTotallyRotten	=	4,
		DangerousUncooked	=	FALSE,
		MinutesToBurn	=	8,
		Icon	=	Sandwich_grilledcheese,
		BoredomChange	=	-15,
		DaysFresh	=	2,
	}

On 6/27/2018 at 12:05 PM, TurtleShroom said:

I found Grilled Cheese Sandwiches in the Riverside Bakery a few days ago, actually.

Might have confused it with the normal Cheese Sandwich, which spawns in the bakeries. 

Grilled Cheese Sandwich might still be making a comeback at some point. I'd like to put a cheese sandwich in one of those toasters, personally.