Better, more intense rain/weather—addition of storms

I am someone who loves the rain. Ever since I moved to Arizona, I spend 10 months out of the year craving the rain that almost never comes. Arizona is the 3rd driest state in the country, behind Utah and Nevada, and my 11 inches a year comes mostly from monsoon season. Whether rainless overcast, light drizzle, medium soak, heavy rain, or monsoon downpour, I can't get enough of it, in reality or in video games. Heavy rain is better. I'm always cranking up the rain values in games I play if they allow it.

Which is why I would like to request some kind of mod to add in intense thunderstorms, and make the rain much more intense than it is now, both visually and audibly. The "very rainy" option simply makes it rain more; what I want are storms with howling winds, crashing thunder, lightning strikes, and water puddles.  For those who have not played Don't Starve, it had an expansion called Shipwrecked that adds in a very visually entertaining hurricane storm followed by a monsoon. It looks something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWcgq4ZA8UY 

I understand that Muldraugh and the area south of Louisville don't get hurricanes and monsoons—hell, I was born 80 miles from where this game takes place, near Evansville. Which is why I wanted to request this mod. Something to spruce up the rainy season, and really give a sense of surviving nature's wrath. 

• 4 months later...