jumping railings not fully working

Akilax

Hello everyone

I started using carpentry to improve my chosen residence, the NE warehouse in Muldraugh. While doing so, I noticed that the game has a problem with allowing railings to be jumped over.

On the first floor of the warehouse, there are railings that prevent the player from falling off. When I build wood floors outwards beyond those railings, I can only jump over to stand on them if I do so with a context menu, pick up or building command.

For example when I build the first tile I can do so from behind the railing, but when I try to build a tile further away from the railing I can't manually (by pressing "E" as usual) jump the railing. If however I just give the command to build the tile, the character jumps the railing on his own and builds the tile as instructed. To get back though I have to command the character to pick up a TV I placed next to the desk on that floor, or to open the curtains I installed on the windows in the area that is accessible regularly.

Since there is a way to work around the problem, this does not appear to be an urgent issue. I still wanted to mention it, though.

My game version is 39.66.3 and the issue is reproducable.

3 hours ago, Akilax said:

Hello everyone

I started using carpentry to improve my chosen residence, the NE warehouse in Muldraugh. While doing so, I noticed that the game has a problem with allowing railings to be jumped over.

On the first floor of the warehouse, there are railings that prevent the player from falling off. When I build wood floors outwards beyond those railings, I can only jump over to stand on them if I do so with a context menu, pick up or building command.

For example when I build the first tile I can do so from behind the railing, but when I try to build a tile further away from the railing I can't manually (by pressing "E" as usual) jump the railing. If however I just give the command to build the tile, the character jumps the railing on his own and builds the tile as instructed. To get back though I have to command the character to pick up a TV I placed next to the desk on that floor, or to open the curtains I installed on the windows in the area that is accessible regularly.

Since there is a way to work around the problem, this does not appear to be an urgent issue. I still wanted to mention it, though.

My game version is 39.66.3 and the issue is reproducable.

Holding down "E" works for me...

Also, you can destroy the railing with a Sledgehammer and avoid the whole thing altogether ;) 

Hello

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately holding down "E" does not work for me, I tried it repeatedly and after restarting the game as well.

I may resort to the solution with the Sledgehammer, as you suggested, but I still wanted to mention the issue, because I think it is probably unintended and may point to an underlying problem. Certainly not a grave one though.