Dedicated Server using wrong branch (IWBUMS)

PurpleBlurpL

It looks like the dedicated server (https://steamdb.info/app/380870/)is set to the wrong branch (IWBUMS).

I'm on Ubuntu Server 16.04 and there is a client server mismatch when a steam version client attempts to connect to this dedicated server.

I am using steamcmd to keep the server up to date.

Steam version client is running 39.66.3. (ran integrity check already)
Steam version server is running 37.67.3 (IWBUMS??).

I am on the normal branch and am using `./steamcmd.sh +login anonymous +app_update 380870 validate +quit` as my update command.

Thanks in advance.

This is an odd one we're all puzzled by. Main branch on linux ded server hasn't changed since the public vehicle build 15 days ago according to steam backend. but we'd have had more than two reports if this had been an issue since then and its hard to see how it could habe changed to a newer build. We're waiting on testing but are looking into it.

Can't get back to the public branch without including an empty "-beta " tag, as SteamCMD does catch info about the applications you install (the SteamApps folder in SteamCMD's install dir). This is why, sometimes, validate doesn't actually do anything (it just compares the timestamp/hash in the manifest file and calls it a day).

Thus, the command is

app_update 380870 -beta validate

Just tested on Ubuntu. Got build 39.66.3 correctly.

If it's a Steam bug shouldn't the bug be closed here and optionally moved to Steam for Linux GitHub issue tracker (not sure if there's other place to report that, even if the issue may not be linux-only)? Adittionaly, I guess someone from dev team can make a pinned thread about this workaround somewhere in forums, so people would avoid the issue in future :).