Do they optimize the game in the near future?

EvgenGrom

• 2 weeks later...

In my experience, for an in development game it's rarely been an issue. The only time I've had bad enough performance problems that it affected my enjoyment was during the early car builds (which I signed up for so I knew issues were possible) but since they were added to the stable build I've not had any issues.

If you're having issues with the game running poorly, have you messed around with the settings much? What settings are you using now? Do you have low FPS? Freezes? What kind of system do you have? 

From what I've read this game can run decently on a very wide range of computers.

6 hours ago, BoogieMan said:

In my experience, for an in development game it's rarely been an issue. The only time I've had bad enough performance problems that it affected my enjoyment was during the early car builds (which I signed up for so I knew issues were possible) but since they were added to the stable build I've not had any issues.

If you're having issues with the game running poorly, have you messed around with the settings much? What settings are you using now? Do you have low FPS? Freezes? What kind of system do you have? 

From what I've read this game can run decently on a very wide range of computers.

It's actually still a huge issue. Game tends to stutter, game tends to have slowdowns, and judging by graphics and what is going on on the screen, it shoudn't do that.

2 hours ago, Eggtooth said:

It's actually still a huge issue. Game tends to stutter, game tends to have slowdowns, and judging by graphics and what is going on on the screen, it shoudn't do that.

It's far from just graphics though, with the amount of background calculation the game tends to have. The only laggy area still for me is the mall and only that area. Can't play the After Hours challenge, unfortunately.  After the vehicles were added I can zoom out with 60FPS which would drop to about 30FPS before so I'm incredibly impressed by that, since their initial test release was really unoptimized.

I am curious how it runs on my older machine, though with cars.

Also in terms of graphics, the current models (at least I feel I read this somewhere) are far more demanding as they're constantly being drawn, which is also why female characters have a limited texture on their character with holes in their clothing. This should mean animations allow for smoother gameplay(?) I'm fairly sure I heard something like that somewhere but I'm far from being able to argue why it would make a difference, someone else might be able to correct whatever the hell I just said. ^_^

Archived