Maintenance question

Talon2100

I'm sitting at 7 blade maintenance and 4 blunt maintenance currently.  On axe I see 100% chance to repair 48% and on Bat I see 100% chance to repair 48%.  I could have sworn that in the past I had much higher repair rates at high maintenance than 48%.  Am I remembering incorrectly, or was the skill changed?  My friend recently died and started a new character is seeing 100% chance to repair 45% on both with 1 maintenance in each.

Build 39.66.3 (Steam) Multiplayer Dedicated Server

I can't say for sure, but it seems that repairs were nerfed a few build back. I'm playing 38.3 and I sort of notice it takes more to repair now, might be my imagination though.

So going from that (38.3), it might be something you did not notice so far (as change).

Also, maintenance does not affect repair so far as I know. It only prevent decay.

Hello

This may interest you: https://old.reddit.com/r/projectzomboid/comments/8pj9nw/maintenance_skills_are_very_weak/

It seems that right now the effect of maintenance skills is rather small (+12.5% from a skill level of 0 to a skill level of 10).

Though it is of course possible that randomness influenced the tests linked to show unusually bad results.

The tests also show, that there is no effect on repairs from maintenance and that it only affects the condition degradation of a weapon, as MyTJ correctly pointed out.

Edit:

I just found an interesting comment that seems to contradict what I just linked

On 6/5/2018 at 10:00 AM, RobertJohnson said:

Is it used, basically everytime you do a hit we do a Random of this number + your maintenance skill*2 (so if you're level 5 in blade maintenance, you have a Rand.next(20+10)==0 then lower condition by 1

Maybe the tests from my link were just bad luck.

11 hours ago, ChatNoir said:

If I remember right chance to repair is affected by carpentry.

I tested on single player and this appears to be correct now.  Repair chance and % are both affected by carpentry and not maintenance.  I may just be remembering incorrectly as it's been a long while since our last PZ game.  Only Muldraugh and West Point existed back then.

Archived