Sewing

TheWraithPlayer

With the new clothes get dirty system, i would like to see them also get torn up in fights. If you get bit on the torso, a hole should be in your vest. If you climb through a window rife with broken glass, you sweaters sleeves should be torn.

With this I suggest sewing. you already have thread and needles, two of the most important things required. Here are a few ideas:

Sewing Ideas Chart

1. Stitching clothes- you tear your favorite shirt on broken glass. You want to fix it, so you sew it back together with a needle and thread.
  2. Stitching yourself- in a desperate situation where you have a deep wound and no suture kit, this would come in handy, but would be lower quality.
  3. Patches- you make the mistake of climbing through yet another window with broken glass. This time a large chunk of fabric is just gone. In that case, you could use some fabric, and then you stitch it onto the shirt. Problem solved!
  4. Tools of the trade:
    1. Sewing needles- in a pinch, you could use these as suture needles.
    2. Thread- vital for all sewing endeavors
    3. Sewing machine- with electricity, you could use this to make sewing a lot faster, and rare manual versions could be found.
    4. Thimble- lower your risk of accidental, but minor, injuries.
    5. Sewing kit- kind of like a first aid kit, but for sewing supplies (a common thing among people who do a lot of sewing)
    6. Fabric- you could find rolls of it in colors just like you find paint cans of different color.
  5. Skill- sewing is a skill just like any other.
  6. Knitting- a variant, essentially more of a stress reliever than a practical art.
    1. Knitting needles
    2. Yarn

That is all I have for now. If you have any ideas let me know and I'll update the chart above if it sounds good. As always, thanks for reading.

13 hours ago, TheWraithPlayer said:

Stitching yourself- in a desperate situation where you have a deep wound and no suture kit, this would come in handy, but would be lower quality.

You can already stitch yourself with needle and thread.

Everything else sounds cool. I like the idea of creating a vibrant sweater with different coloured patches/sleeves etc.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/10/2018 at 7:13 PM, TheWraithPlayer said:

With the new clothes get dirty system, i would like to see them also get torn up in fights. If you get bit on the torso, a hole should be in your vest. If you climb through a window rife with broken glass, you sweaters sleeves should be torn.

With this I suggest sewing. you already have thread and needles, two of the most important things required. Here are a few ideas:

Sewing Ideas Chart

1. Stitching clothes- you tear your favorite shirt on broken glass. You want to fix it, so you sew it back together with a needle and thread.
  2. Stitching yourself- in a desperate situation where you have a deep wound and no suture kit, this would come in handy, but would be lower quality.
  3. Patches- you make the mistake of climbing through yet another window with broken glass. This time a large chunk of fabric is just gone. In that case, you could use some fabric, and then you stitch it onto the shirt. Problem solved!
  4. Tools of the trade:
    1. Sewing needles- in a pinch, you could use these as suture needles.
    2. Thread- vital for all sewing endeavors
    3. Sewing machine- with electricity, you could use this to make sewing a lot faster, and rare manual versions could be found.
    4. Thimble- lower your risk of accidental, but minor, injuries.
    5. Sewing kit- kind of like a first aid kit, but for sewing supplies (a common thing among people who do a lot of sewing)
    6. Fabric- you could find rolls of it in colors just like you find paint cans of different color.
  5. Skill- sewing is a skill just like any other.
  6. Knitting- a variant, essentially more of a stress reliever than a practical art.
    1. Knitting needles
    2. Yarn

That is all I have for now. If you have any ideas let me know and I'll update the chart above if it sounds good. As always, thanks for reading.

I really like everything about this except making sewing a skill. It's not that It isn't a skill; it clearly is. It's just that it's not that useful in terms of survival.