Limited Generator Range? Also, any electrical lighting yet?

BoogieMan

First question, what is the range on generators? I set up in a large building on the south side of Riverside along the river. I set it up on the roof, but it only powers the rooms that are fairly close to it. Prior to this experience I was under the impression that once hooked in they would power the entire structure. Can someone please direct me to a file that I could alter to adjust the range?

Second question, are there any craftable/buildable electrical lighting either in vanilla, hydrocraft? Not a battery powered light. I found a mod in the Steam workshop I'm going to check out, but I wasn't sure if such a thing exists and I'm just not seeing it.

Not craftable, but you can move lamps you find in bedrooms or outdoor lamps you find outside of buildings. Once set up in their new locations, they'll connect to the electrical grids but may require lightbulbs once in a while.

As for your generator question, that's beyond my knowledge.  I too was operating under the assumption it powered the entire building and did not power player made ones (that may have change, I don't know).

As of recently generators now power player-built structures, I'm not sure if the range has changed though.

Before the change, when I connected a generator just outside of the back door of the large grocery store in WP it powered the fridges and freezers, but didn't reach to the ovens on the other side of the shop floor.

When I noticed this, I moved most of them over to the oven side to save fuel

On ‎2018‎-‎06‎-‎19 at 8:22 PM, ditoseadio said:

21 tiles to the north, south, east and west. In a circular range.

image.thumb.png.38367c0d8c80614ae54417a12b77db62.png

Tested by me ;)

Somehow, the southern part seems WAY smaller, yet if you count the edges they are all alike.  Must be a byproduct of the isometric view.

Edit : Also extra credit for taking the time to do this, an extra Spiffo Plushie for you :)

Archived