Can't load game for shutting down the computer

sefirot947

Question

A simple question. 

I had a power failure and the lights went out at home, shutting down the computer while playing.
Now it's impossible for me to load the game

In the directory where the savegames are stored I only have one with the name (01-06-2018_09-54-52_backup)...I can do something ¿?

4 answers to this question

I'm no expert, but the "backup" I'm pretty sure was created when the game updated to vehicles, based on the date "01-06-2018". What I would do, because that's your only savegame, is backup that "backup" (01-06-2018_09-54-52_backup) then try to launch that save. 

If that fails, try it again on the "38.30(pre-vehicles)" branch. On steam it can be accessed by right-clicking Project Zomboid in your steam library, then clicking on Properties > Betas, then click the dropdown box and select "38.30(pre-vehicles)" and launch the game. 

If you post your results in this thread, Support might be able to help you further. 

For your other save, if you've played it within the past 7 days, it looks like the save has been corrupted and deleted itself when your power went out. :unsure:

Support might have a better solution, but until then I'd give this^ a go. Good luck. :)

Thanks for the help.... although I guess the savegame is broken.  

Now when I load the game it appears to me as if I had died...but when I load that one the world is restarted.

56E342AA960C3EEA2F8EDC88C09FC764115E4AE3

I didn't play the previous version, so using the pre-vehicles didn't work.

It's a shame, but it's time to start again when I've broke my 14-day survival record.  xD

p.d the game I have bought since before steam, but now to have the vehicles I've started playing a lot.....although I have died many times.

Thanks

There is a way to fix this (at least it worked for me) you start a completely new game in survival, when it's done you go to the save folder of this game "C:\Users\YOUR-NAME\Zomboid\Saves\Survival" then the name of your game freshly created. In this folder you gonna search for the map_ver.bin file, you copy it and paste it in your crashed game's save folder then you go back to your game and try to start it, if it doesn't work then I'm sorry for you.

By the way you should frequently back up your save, either the entire folder or at least your character's file (map_p.bin) which is of course in your game's save folder

1 hour ago, Axezombie said:

There is a way to fix this (at least it worked for me) you start a completely new game in survival, when it's done you go to the save folder of this game "C:\Users\YOUR-NAME\Zomboid\Saves\Survival" then the name of your game freshly created. In this folder you gonna search for the map_ver.bin file, you copy it and paste it in your crashed game's save folder then you go back to your game and try to start it, if it doesn't work then I'm sorry for you.

By the way you should frequently back up your save, either the entire folder or at least your character's file (map_p.bin) which is of course in your game's save folder

i love you !! ... works perfect. At least I got my superbase. ^^

Archived