Invisble Zombies ~Getting bitten/ scratched

Faded

There seems to be a bug in the IWBUMS vehicle build where there is a invisible zombie in that shows up every now and then when we are fighting off big herds. We manage to take out most of the herd but then one of us ends up getting scratched by a non existent zombie/invisible zombie. Both players see NO zombie at all and when we walk into or swing our weapons in a certain spot, we get bitten/scratched by a zombie. I'm hosting LAN Gameplay via steam for my brother and I. Is this a known bug and is there anyway to avoid this? It seems to happen a lot when we kill off a lot of zombies that are being attracted to cars. This is really annoying because we don't want to die to something that can't be avoided and turning off infection makes the game too easy. 

Had my suspicions as well about this...

First time, I was taking damage, but thought it was from carrying too much as I was looting... But i'm certain I heard the "getting bit" sound effects and then I turned green and died before I could check my health screen... Wasn't 100% sure it wasn't a crawling zombie because I was next to a counter blocking view of my feet.

** Before dying, I did fire about 5-6, 00-buck in different directions, hitting nothing **

Second time, I was driving, and ran something (invisible) over that made a zombie squish noise, but no corpse was there...

Shrugged it off both times, and never really investigated... Next time i'll back up and try to run over the invisible zombie again to see if it makes the car bump up...

Edited by Arsenal26
added more evidence for the case

13 hours ago, Arsenal26 said:

Had my suspicions as well about this...

First time, I was taking damage, but thought it was from carrying too much as I was looting... But i'm certain I heard the "getting bit" sound effects and then I turned green and died before I could check my health screen... Wasn't 100% sure it wasn't a crawling zombie because I was next to a counter blocking view of my feet.

** Before dying, I did fire about 5-6, 00-buck in different directions, hitting nothing **

Second time, I was driving, and ran something (invisible) over that made a zombie squish noise, but no corpse was there...

Shrugged it off both times, and never really investigated... Next time i'll back up and try to run over the invisible zombie again to see if it makes the car bump up...

Did this start happening after killing many zombies?

43 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Did this start happening after killing many zombies?

When I got bit by the counter, perhaps 30-40 in the area were killed... And neither time was a very long game, just messing around...

This has happened to me both times I've tried to play the new build 39. Both times were multiplayer via steam, just me and my partner playing, the first time i wasabout 5 minutes into playing looting my 2nd house, i was in a small cupboard style room, no windows door closed, and died within moments of being in the room (which was empty). The 2nd time was outside, my partner & I noticed that there was a few zombies attacking an empty car (one my partner had been in it earlier, although I hadn't even touched it) & they were doing the biting animations, damaging me, even though i was no where near them or the car. Also had some teleporting zombies, moving around erratically near the car.  I also tried swinging my axe in all directions, which didn't connect with anything. Before dying the first time probably killed 8 zombies, and 2nd time 20-30 zombies.

Currently unplayable for us, hope it gets fixed soon!

Edited by SwizzleAsh

49 minutes ago, SwizzleAsh said:

This has happened to me both times I've tried to play the new build 39. Both times were multiplayer via steam, just me and my partner playing, the first time i wasabout 5 minutes into playing looting my 2nd house, i was in a small cupboard style room, no windows door closed, and died within moments of being in the room (which was empty). The 2nd time was outside, my partner & I noticed that there was a few zombies attacking an empty car (one my partner had been in it earlier, although I hadn't even touched it) & they were doing the biting animations, damaging me, even though i was no where near them or the car. Also had some teleporting zombies, moving around erratically near the car.  I also tried swinging my axe in all directions, which didn't connect with anything. Before dying the first time probably killed 8 zombies, and 2nd time 20-30 zombies.

Currently unplayable for us, hope it gets fixed soon!

Was this on splitscreen?

TLDR; zombies that try to path through a vehicle can bug out and "invisible" walk to the character (I think).

I wanted to chime in on this since I've seen it happen 3 times now on multiplayer (dedicated server).  All 3 times happened while fighting near my vehicle.  First time I only noticed that I could hear a female zombie but not see it, I ran a bit away and logged (with no visible zombies on the screen) and when I logged back in there was female zombie standing on the same tile as me.  The second instance was the same but it was a male zombie noise and a male zombie when I logged back in.  The 3rd time I saw what happened.  I was putting my vehicle between myself and the zombies so they had to path around (3 zombies were on screen).  I killed the first 2 and noticed the 3rd "stuck" on the vehicle, it warped backwards about half of the visible screen twitched twitch back and forth and did the attack animation.  I got bit.  I relogged and it was standing on top of my character.  I might see if I can reproduce this at some point, but for the time being, I just try to keep zombies from pathing through my vehicle and it hasn't happened since.

10 hours ago, Talon2100 said:

TLDR; zombies that try to path through a vehicle can bug out and "invisible" walk to the character (I think).

I wanted to chime in on this since I've seen it happen 3 times now on multiplayer (dedicated server).  All 3 times happened while fighting near my vehicle.  First time I only noticed that I could hear a female zombie but not see it, I ran a bit away and logged (with no visible zombies on the screen) and when I logged back in there was female zombie standing on the same tile as me.  The second instance was the same but it was a male zombie noise and a male zombie when I logged back in.  The 3rd time I saw what happened.  I was putting my vehicle between myself and the zombies so they had to path around (3 zombies were on screen).  I killed the first 2 and noticed the 3rd "stuck" on the vehicle, it warped backwards about half of the visible screen twitched twitch back and forth and did the attack animation.  I got bit.  I relogged and it was standing on top of my character.  I might see if I can reproduce this at some point, but for the time being, I just try to keep zombies from pathing through my vehicle and it hasn't happened since.

Thank you - we will try to replicate this backstage. ( @Pandorea)

Not sure it's related, but on IWBUMS Spiffospace server we noticed that some dead zombie bodies were disappearing, including my own zombified body after I was put out by my wife (RIP me) which was initially invisible after moving it (but I was able to take items from it), then disappeared totally (I can't even find the body), while at the same time body of a zombie we killed at the very beginning is still there.