Delinquency problems in Knox County

Nachalas

Isn't the Knox County Prison overpopulated? This building is surely huge, but 800 zombies on a "normal" population setting is way too much. Some rooms are really overcrowded, containing tens of Z's, and it takes a lot of time, probably an in-game week or more if you use axe, to clear the whole building out. Does this prison really contain so many prisoners in real life?

The Knox County, Kentucky Detention Center currently has 73 inmates. Including staff, probably about ~80 people there.

While the map in Zomboid is roughly based on Knox County, Kentucky, none of the buildings, or how they're arranged, really correspond. There are only about ~50 cells in the Knox County Prison in Zomboid. At most I'd expect about 110-120 if the prison was full of two to a cell + employees + random give or take slop.

4 hours ago, CaptainDingo said:

The Knox County, Kentucky Detention Center currently has 73 inmates. Including staff, probably about ~80 people there.

While the map in Zomboid is roughly based on Knox County, Kentucky, none of the buildings, or how they're arranged, really correspond. There are only about ~50 cells in the Knox County Prison in Zomboid. At most I'd expect about 110-120 if the prison was full of two to a cell + employees + random give or take slop.

Your assertion of 2/cell does not include temporary holding awaiting court date where they are deemed (in general) less dangerous (and horded closer/in larger numbers).

However, it's true, if your number is accurate of approx 50 cells, that 800 people is way to much. Explain how you will about staff, lawyer visiting and extra crowding for low priority in-mates... it just does not add-up.

This does lead to believe some tweak in population settings are needed.

I'd accept at most 200 zombies on "normal" settings, a more realistic number being between your 80 and 150.

Think of it this way, in the early days of the outbreak, emergency services and military comes in and rounds up infected and dumps them into the prison in large numbers in a futile effort to contain the outbreak. In that case very few of those zombies were prisoners or prison staff. Just unlucky people that got rounded up by a panicking government.

Another way to explain this is that maybe an evacuation was planned at the prison so most people went there to get evacuated by helicopters and of course things went wrong.

Why choose the prison to evacuate? well with all those fences it could be safer to evacuate people (zombies couldn't get through) and easier to regulate the mass of people coming in

On 6/8/2018 at 6:36 AM, BoogieMan said:

Think of it this way, in the early days of the outbreak, emergency services and military comes in and rounds up infected and dumps them into the prison in large numbers in a futile effort to contain the outbreak. In that case very few of those zombies were prisoners or prison staff. Just unlucky people that got rounded up by a panicking government.

They would never do that. For the time that they believed they could cure the infection, the prison would be on lock down to ensure the prisoners didn't get help to escape. Once they realized they couldn't cure it, it'd be debateable if anyone bothered to evacuate the prison. And 80 people seems low if staff are included for 73 inmates. Including guards, social workers, admin, janitors, cafeteria, and medical personnel, I'd put my guess closer to 100 at minimum.

Archived