Its just me or the game has become MUCH more resource intensive?

Connll

7 hours ago, Connll said:

Also, have baseball bats become MUCH rarer?

Nope, get more of those then axes, crowbar, golf club or pool cue which was always my reference to the rarity of baseball bats... sure there less of the later then hammer, kitchen knives or butter knives... but it was always the case.

7 hours ago, Connll said:

what about the game itself? Its seems to have become SO resource heavy that even my computer slows down even AFTER I close it. Never seen Zomboid suffer stuttering before.

I can say form a laptop using version 38.whatever that it still run smooth. However, this game was always heavy on computing (and hard drive for saves)... you experience in that regard could depend on a lot of factors including HD transfer speed, processor speed, etc.  I'm not the wiz to actually sort which is which, hope you get more in-depth input on this :)

The game is for the most part silky smooth now. However the menus have become weirdly laggy in comparison.

I'm also getting weird effects like strange flickering on 3D models when inside a house with the lights on.

Runs smooth for me on an i5 2500k with 8gb,   SSD and a 970.      A brief hiccup happens once in awhile.    Seems rare.   That was an IWBUM an update or two ago.

I thought axes were slightly rarer.   With the lucky trait I have a few spare but not a closet full.     Might be chance.

I THINK I might have figured out the performace issue with my machine.

If I play zomboid and zomboid ONLY, it runs smoothly.

However, If I play a game before zomboid, (tried Vermintide 2 and Dreadnought) Zomboid runs badly. Has the occasional stutter, and even after the game is shut down, the PC runs slowly for a while. To the point even web browsers get slow, even though it makes no sense.

Memory leak, maybe?

18 hours ago, Connll said:

I THINK I might have figured out the performace issue with my machine.

If I play zomboid and zomboid ONLY, it runs smoothly.

However, If I play a game before zomboid, (tried Vermintide 2 and Dreadnought) Zomboid runs badly. Has the occasional stutter, and even after the game is shut down, the PC runs slowly for a while. To the point even web browsers get slow, even though it makes no sense.

Memory leak, maybe?

Hard to say, we don't know what kind of hardware you're running.

There is also a chance that it is a heat issue. Could be your system is having to throttle itself down to maintain a safe operating temperature. Try cleaning out your fans and anything else you can access. Wouldn't hurt to ensure all your drivers are up to date.

4 hours ago, BoogieMan said:

Hard to say, we don't know what kind of hardware you're running.

There is also a chance that it is a heat issue. Could be your system is having to throttle itself down to maintain a safe operating temperature. Try cleaning out your fans and anything else you can access. Wouldn't hurt to ensure all your drivers are up to date.

I have annexed my latest DXDiag, if that will help.

Also, I can safely rule out heat issueas. I have cleaned my PC about 3 weeks ago, and, on top of that, is winter here where I live.

DxDiag.txt

21 hours ago, Connll said:

I have annexed my latest DXDiag, if that will help.

Also, I can safely rule out heat issueas. I have cleaned my PC about 3 weeks ago, and, on top of that, is winter here where I live.

DxDiag.txt

We have very similar CPUs, I have the 4790k running at 4GHz and I also have 16GB of memory. Assuming the game isn't hard drive intensive (since you have 16gb of RAM I'd imagine it shouldn't be) the fact I am running a SSD probably wouldn't be that huge a deal for this game once it's done loading. 

Although you are using Windows 7, not sure how much that affects things. Browsers can, in certain situations, respond slowly when Windows is doing a lot of stuff in the background. Although personally I have only seen this in two situations. Shortly after Windows is installed and is still setting things up in the background, or there is a glitched or virused/malwared program running and eating a lot of CPU time. If you don't HAVE to use Windows 7 for some reason you should really consider upgrading. It looks like you're also running at a non-native resolution for your display. If this isn't intentional you should consider changing it to 1920x1080 instead of 1600x900 unless the problem gets worse.

How long has it been since your operating system has been completely reinstalled fresh? Not upgrades or repairs?  Personally if it was me and I had hardware I know should be doing better I'd do an OS reinstall if I was having issues with multiple games just to rule out corrupted drivers, malware, etc. You could just trying lowering your settings a bit and see if that helps.

47 minutes ago, BoogieMan said:

How long has it been since your operating system has been completely reinstalled fresh? Not upgrades or repairs?  Personally if it was me and I had hardware I know should be doing better I'd do an OS reinstall if I was having issues with multiple games just to rule out corrupted drivers, malware, etc. You could just trying lowering your settings a bit and see if that helps.

My computer is about 2 years old and I haven´t yet formatted it. I upgraded it with extra 8 GB RAM, and had to replace the main battery once.

As for issues, I have no issues with any games (with the exception of PUGB, who suffered stuttering while I was still at 8GB RAM. Now that I have 16, it runs quite smoothly), and thats the main reason why I find it so odd for Zomboid to be behaving in such a way.

Archived