Off road driving

headzit

With the release of vehicles to the main build, I'm excited to get playing. Just one question. It was mentioned somewhere that off roading would increase the rate of deterioration of your vehicle. Is this also true for gravel or wooden floors? Could I make a wooden floor driveway (since gravel is hard to find)?

3 minutes ago, headzit said:

With the release of vehicles to the main build, I'm excited to get playing. Just one question. It was mentioned somewhere that off roading would increase the rate of deterioration of your vehicle. Is this also true for gravel or wooden floors? Could I make a wooden floor driveway (since gravel is hard to find)?

I'd like to know that as well.

I once made a long wooden trail wide for 3 tiles, but my car still was behaving bumpy, as if it would be off-roading.

Test results:

• Wooden tiles: No
  • Dirt: No
  • Kitchen tiles: can only be placed on wooden tiles, so not practical. This would be the same with all indoor tiles, not efficient enough

This makes me think it's not possible to drive smoothly on something other than asphalt. Even using the cheat menu to terraform asphalt didn't work.

Gravel might be an option, but you can't gather it in sufficient amounts. Only comes in bags, and I only had one.

I think that, as of now, there is no way to make your own roads

8 hours ago, Connll said:

About unsafe driving, do running over zombie corpses damage my car? 

I hope not, bcause cleaning dozens (if not hundreds) of zeds off the rod in going to be a chore.

I'm about 99% certain they do judging from the sounds of running them over. I spent a couple in-game days just clearing the street in front of my base (easily over a hundred bodies). There's no way I could clear any of the other roads. Just going to try to kill them on the sidewalks.

5 hours ago, sadpickle said:

I'm about 99% certain they do judging from the sounds of running them over. I spent a couple in-game days just clearing the street in front of my base (easily over a hundred bodies). There's no way I could clear any of the other roads. Just going to try to kill them on the sidewalks.

Yeah, spent some time dragging corpses around too. Just avoid killing them on the road and play with Sandbox, zombie corpse removal on (like 72 hours or so, so you can still loot them), otherwise you'll spend hours moving bodies.

Currently driving on corpses doesn't damage your car, but i'm trying to adapt more physics to it, like going at high speed while turning/drifting should make you do barrel roll depending on your car.

Also yep, i fixed the wooden floor being considered as offroad, sorry for that! :D

2 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

Currently driving on corpses doesn't damage your car, but i'm trying to adapt more physics to it, like going at high speed while turning/drifting should make you do barrel roll depending on your car.

Also yep, i fixed the wooden floor being considered as offroad, sorry for that! :D

Awesome.

But running over zombie corpses is *planned* to damage your car in the future?

Personally I hope not, because the things like to converge to roads, and I like to see my handiwork when I am outside home. :evil:

On 05/06/2018 at 9:36 PM, xXxFANCYCAPYBARA36xXx said:

i heard thats unrealistic hollywood stuff, but i dont care a single bit cause that sounds awesome as shit and i want it in the game right about now

Really? Damn! :D

I'll check some videos to make a realistic system do'nt worry tho

On 05.06.2018 at 7:11 PM, RobertJohnson said:

And what about slippy roads? After and during the rain, i mean, and on the snow and ice also:-D It can be nice feature,  harder car handling and breaking can play a bad joke to survivors;-)

On 6/6/2018 at 4:18 PM, RobertJohnson said:

Really? Damn! :D

I'll check some videos to make a realistic system do'nt worry tho

Check this one out. Looks like it's pretty hard to flip a car that isn't top heavy on level pavement until very high speeds. But when hitting the soft dirt on the side of a road during a spinout makes it more likely.

On 5-6-2018 at 6:11 PM, RobertJohnson said:

The 'driving off road animation' is still happening when driving on wooden floors. Also: I'm not sure if the speed is also slower, hard to tell.

Archived