I know it's been talked about before probably...

Eggtooth

...but hear me out. There are couple of things I want to ask if TIS plans to implement so please, if any TIS member can answer, I'd be glad to have any answer to below questions.

a) First about Vehicles:

We have vehicles in game and I love them to bits. They are great!

1. I was wondering if dev team could add crashed, not burnt vehicles, like undriveable cars with bent body and such or missing wheels, that are lootable, to make world less empty. There should be a lot more crashed cars that congest the highways, and roads, signalling that people crashed into some sign or a tree.

2. Will we ever see drivable trucks or buses? I know that seems far fetched however it wouldn't be that bad of a thing to add military humvees, buses or trucks that player can drive, or atleast add them to scenery as non driveables. If driveable the drawback for these could be that they require a lot of maintenance or fuel.

3. Will NPC's be able to drive cars by themselves?

4. Will we have animation of entering/exiting vehicle and possibility to see player model and car interior from perspective?

b) Map itself.

1. I was wondering if map will become less sterile. I know we have erosion but for example bent road lamps, flipped trees, wrecked homes (already in game) that were caused by cars crashing into them, corpses pile ups, blood splatters.

Overall this game needs more shock value as an exploration reward. Map looks a little too sterile in my honest opinion, there should be more shocking imagery around the map like aforementioned corpse piles, gore and crashed cars, police barricades, military barricades, etc to add reward for player for discovering these atrocities. Maybe those shocking places will also have some valuable loot?

Is something like that planned?

2. How big do you plan map to be? Will Louisville be recreated in it's entirety or it will be scaled down?

c) Animations.

1. Will we have animation for smaller things like opening doors, sitting, laying down, getting on bed, off bed, etc?

2. Will we have guns that reload with visible clip removal?

I'd appreciate for answers. Thank you TIS ♥

3 hours ago, Eggtooth said:

Map itself.

1. I was wondering if map will become less sterile. I know we have erosion but for example bent road lamps, flipped trees, wrecked homes (already in game) that were caused by cars crashing into them, corpses pile ups, blood splatters.

Overall this game needs more shock value as an exploration reward. Map looks a little too sterile in my honest opinion, there should be more shocking imagery around the map like aforementioned corpse piles, gore and crashed cars, police barricades, military barricades, etc to add reward for player for discovering these atrocities. Maybe those shocking places will also have some valuable loot?

I don't think it's too necessary, when you start a game your environment looks pretty normal, and after a few hours of game, you have tons of corpses and blood splatters around your place. You probably had to barricade your home one way or another also, which gives the apocalyptic feel. It's organic, I think it's better than hardcoding gore. (but maybe I will be proven wrong by a developer)

I know you're only giving your 2 cents but pretty much everything you've requested answers for has been covered in the past, as you stated in the title. You just need to look, but people only want instant gratification.

A) My understanding from what I've read in Mon/Thursdoids and forum posts, TIS want it so if you're playing multiplayer, you can't tell who is an NPC or a human being playing, so the NPCs will be able to do anything (or as much as possible) that a player character can do. 

B) I have to agree with @Ayrton Orio. Unless you're playing 6 months later, you start at the beginning of the outbreak so why would everything already be destroyed/gory? With the exceptions of police/military barricades, everything else you've mentioned will happen naturally once NPCs are in and killing zombies/people off screen for you to stumble upon. TIS created the smashed mailboxes etc for the vehicle build so I can't imagine why they wouldn't do other similar things (bent lampposts/signposts etc) once the more important features are out the door.

C) Yes

More importantly, just wait and find out. It'd ruin the surprise if TIS just came out and explained exactly what to expect. Also, if TIS say something will be included in the game because they think its possible currently and for whatever reason, it isn't feasible then people will kick off and call them out for getting people's hopes up/being shit. Not everything will be included right away but as with other features, they add something, realize something is missing or doesn't fit, and then add some more/improve.

Archived