Is it Safe?

magnum2016

30 members have voted

1. 1. What Location Should I Set Up Base?

• Elementary School
    • Sunstar Hotel
    • Knox Bank
    • Police Station
    • Other (Tell me in Comments!)

I am going to be checking several locations that are known deathtraps or are just considered to dangerous and i will be setting up camp in them and seeing if the assumptions are true!

Please vote on the poll and i will head over to the location and do everything possible to survive i will careful detail what i do and hopefully they will be safe!

I think of those three the hotel is going to be the safest choice. I know from personal experience that the elementary school is an absolute death trap. I've never tried to set up camp there, but I've tried to loot it in several games, and I've only ever even gotten inside of it once. Unless you B-line for it as soon as you spawn I think you're going to have some trouble there.

The hotel on the other hand isn't terrible once you're inside. If you sneak almost all the time when you're inside, and coming in and out, and choose a room that's upstairs and away from the stairwells, I think you could make a go of it. Just make sure you clear out all the rooms well. Some of them are suites, and have several rooms, and can hide several zombies.

If it were me, I'd build up enough of a carpentry skill before I went, then sneak up to the second floor, board up both stairwells, clear the second floor, and build a walkway/stairway combo out the windows of one of the rooms that leads up to the roof and build a structure there. That'd be totally liveable if you manage it all. My most successful fortresses are always the ones that rely on long zig-zaggy paths that zombies have to follow to get to me, as opposed to hiding behind walls.

I completely agree with you that the school will be one hell of a issue to keep under control, Sunstar Hotel will by far be the safest in my opinion as well.

I am planning on walling of the two entrances with sandbags and barbed wire while i then have a second perimeter that will be a large wall surrounding the place. Then as you stated i will have a stairway leading up to the roof of the building and i will set up a tent and i will easily be able to live in that area for atleast until water turns off.

The Sunstar Hotel is a complete deathtrap sadly :(

I tried 3 times, on my most successful try i managed to barricade all of the windows, make barbed wire walls and sandbag walls etc. But the hordes were just to large to keep at bay.

I managed to survive for 1 month, 17 days 12 of those days were me under siege

I figured that'd be the case. It's still not a bad place to spend a night here and there if you need to though. I've done it several times. Not even necessarily a place that I'll set up for myself beforehand, but I've been caught in desperate situations, snuck up to a room, slept, and snuck out safely in the morning without drawing any attention to myself at all.

Bank is actually easier than the starfall hotel, if you can build a perimeter wall and keep hordes at a low it is fairly easy i survived 3 months until my farm got destroyed due to disease and i had to go out and loot food and a mega horde found me and i had to run back to the Bank and fight them off (I DIED)

• 1 month later...

The Tavern works well because Zombs don't go down thar very often and it has like 6 beds which'll be good for multiplayer. It's really easy to fortify, has 2 fridges, 3 trash cans, and 1 crate so storage is really good too. Plenty of open space for farming and woods and a diner nearby. 2 Warehouses are also near. The only downside is it's really far from town center and it has no oven, but the diner does.

are the hordes even in the newest build? (build 19 private / public) ive killed over 1100 in a period of 21-22 days, and an entire 2 block area around my house has been empty of zombies for over a week. are they even respawning? im playing in westpoint if it makes any difference.