New Animations and Clothing

Jito

So the preview video posted on Indie Stones youtube page: 

What ever happened to this? This looked really cool. I'd like to think it'll come out when PZ fully releases. Any Ideas?

It's possible that we'll have a mini patch in between to get a few smaller things in, but otherwise this is literally planned as the next proper release for zomboid after vehicles go live within the next week or so. Will be a while before it's in public testing but it's our next main planned version.

If I was to fully predict what TIS is going to do, it is this (reminder that I am not TIS and am using my own judgement here):

1) Vehicles - Because that's what they are doing right now
2) Animation - It will fit the vehicles more and is the next logical overhaul. Why would you start on NPCs when you are overhauling how they fight and move?
3) Tune Up - Making sure that they are both working and making adjustments I would call it the "Operation Health" of PZ to make sure it all works

4) NPCs - When the map is close to finished, the vehicles are working properly and the animations are done then it makes sense to get these finished

Then the game is "done".

2 hours ago, Damien Darkside said:

If I was to fully predict what TIS is going to do, it is this (reminder that I am not TIS and am using my own judgement here):

1) Vehicles - Because that's what they are doing right now
2) Animation - It will fit the vehicles more and is the next logical overhaul. Why would you start on NPCs when you are overhauling how they fight and move?
3) Tune Up - Making sure that they are both working and making adjustments I would call it the "Operation Health" of PZ to make sure it all works

4) NPCs - When the map is close to finished, the vehicles are working properly and the animations are done then it makes sense to get these finished

Then the game is "done".

Incomplete but fairly accurate

14 hours ago, EUDOXIO said:

It maybe lacks the Map System overhaul (height and basements) and Creative mode on there? :rolleyes:

Yeah, I'd suppose it lacks all the *minor* detail additions they have been working/will work on (things like wheather, and other cool little detailed things) that make the game look better. I'd be able to make a whole list of other things they could/will add before release, but eh, you all should already know if you read the Mondoids/Thursdoids. 

23 hours ago, lemmy101 said:

It's possible that we'll have a mini patch in between to get a few smaller things in, but otherwise this is literally planned as the next proper release for zomboid after vehicles go live within the next week or so. Will be a while before it's in public testing but it's our next main planned version.

How long you mean by a "while"? Weeks? Months? I mean don't get me wrong, I appreciate the work you put into this game, but dragging off those animations for much longer isn't going to end well. Vehicles were very buggy upon first test, I admit, but I think holding animations back is bad idea.

23 minutes ago, Eggtooth said:

How long you mean by a "while"? Weeks? Months? I mean don't get me wrong, I appreciate the work you put into this game, but dragging off those animations for much longer isn't going to end well. Vehicles were very buggy upon first test, I admit, but I think holding animations back is bad idea.

When they are playable. If I say weeks and it ends up taking longer then people will get angry. If I say months in case it takes longer than weeks, people will get angry. Thus I'll say neither and just say 'as fast as we possibly can' ;)

On 30.5.2018 at 12:28 AM, EUDOXIO said:

It maybe lacks the Map System overhaul (height and basements) and Creative mode on there? :rolleyes:

It lacks the steps leading up to NPCs. All those systems probably can't go in at once. Fair to assume it's going to be an incremental process

16 hours ago, Eggtooth said:

You're not holding back a cake by not pulling it out of the oven prematurely. 

Trying to say they're not being held back, they're being finished. 

Archived