Charisma Skill for NPCs and You

Kennethdio

Now look, I don't want this now, but maybe when NPC news will come back soon after animations. But something realistic when you're recruiting survivors is "How good are your looks and speaking skills?" So I kinda want a Charisma Stat similar to Fallout 1.

For example, a more handsome/beautiful looking character naturally has a higher charisma stat, but if you have a low stat, you can only make non handsome, scary characters, like a crusty old raider, so do genders should have a role in this. Usually, women look more beautiful than men, thus they'll start out with a slightly higher charisma skill, but they can be ugly, you could have a lower charisma skill in exchange for more meager trait points, or something, maybe a couple of new jobs that add more charisma, traits and stuff.

So when you try to set up a settlement, or recruit people, your charisma will have more convincing dialogue, and will look presentable. I'd say there would be downsides, but Indie Stone says no rape will be ingame, so charisma will have no downsides.

Also it'll give out an actual use for the bathroom items, cologne, combed hair, and no blood on you, it'll make you more presentable thus more charismatic, but charisma won't be all perfect, how you are will be completely different in different circumstances.

Now imagine it's the first week, your fancy looks won't be as effective as nobody would give a shit, too busy getting killed, also would make others think of you as some perfumed pissfuck. So your charisma if based on looks won't be too significant, it'll be mostly your language that'll win over others.

If you decide to run settlements, trade, and advertise for your things, that's when the charisma skill could really shine, when you advertise and stuff especially after 6 months later, all cleaned up and smooth talking, people would be convinced that your ambush spot (or settlement) is really the best place for them, but that's the best for looks, smooth talking for recruitment, and just likeability.

Apologies if this doesn't make sense, I should be sleeping right now.