Request : [Paid Project] Admin ONLY dispensed "Token" item

Tuck

I'm looking for an item that can only be dispensed to players by an admin.

It will be a "Token", just a circular coin with 3 letters on it.

Players can accumulate these tokens handed out by the admin and then give them back to an admin when they choose.

Edit : I would like it to work with IWBUMS and vanilla. I am willing to pay to have this mod created.

Edited by Tuck
Updating to reflect that this is a paid project request.

On 5/23/2018 at 8:58 PM, Tuck said:

I'm looking for an item that can only be dispensed to players by an admin.

It will be a "Token", just a circular coin with 3 letters on it.

Players can accumulate these tokens handed out by the admin and then give them back to an admin when they choose.

Edit : I would like it to work with IWBUMS and vanilla. I am willing to pay to have this mod created.

I see you have not found anyone to do this yet.  Maybe your already aware but I just feel I should warn you that pretty much anyone could whip up a mod with a token like item.  But it would be easily duped and therefore worthless in no time.  All the work in this project would be in implementing system(s) to prevent duping / creation of these tokens in unauthorized manners. 

I would be interested in taking on this project, it's just I would not be able to give it much priority.  If your not in a hurry to get it out asap then gimme a "call".

This would be easy to do. Make the item and skip adding it to the loot. The admin can simply spawn the item in with necroforge and hand it off to who ever. You can actually do it yourself and you can find out how to do this with my video tutorial playlist. I am working on a building project now so I do not have the time to do it, but when I get to items I can make one for you.

Edited by Blackbeard06
typo

4 hours ago, Blackbeard06 said:

This would be easy to do. Make the item and skip adding it to the loot. The admin can simply spawn the item in with necroforge and hand it off to who ever. You can actually do it yourself and you can find out how to do this with my video tutorial playlist. I am working on a building project now so I do not have the time to do it, but when I get to items I can make one for you.

people could still hack said item pretty easy. and duplicate it even easier.  if you really want the item to have a controllable value like a currency, you must prevent it from being duped or hacked at all cost. have an authentication process which gets used to create and also when said token is spent / used. 

Yes I recently discovered how easy it was to dupe currency with the Hydrocraft mod and currency. :(

So we'll have to serialize each token and track them to prevent duplicates.

Thanks for the video! I'll give it a look and see if this is something I can handle on my own, if not I'll be back. :)