Double doors sometimes lock themselves

Connall

ORIGINAL POST BY: basedpraetorian

I discovered this after I created the compound in the attached image. Upon coming back to base I would find that the double door that I left out of would sometimes be locked for a time. For example, it could be locked on both sides for a few in-game hours, then function as normal.

20180520152600_1.jpg

Build tairs if you can then add a sheetrope to get on the other side.

Or create a new game, copy your map_p.bin file from your save folder then paste it in the new game's save folder, you'll spawn in this new game with your character so now there is no wall, you can go where you want. When it's done you copy your map_p.bin file then paste it in your game's save folder

Edited by Axezombie

I tested it, the car is nowhere near the doubledoor. I even moved zombies away and removed one bush, still locked.

Edit: I could provide a screenshot if it helps. On the other side (not the direction the gate opens) i build floor on the 2nd level. So that I can shoot from above the gate. May this be the reason?

Edited by Ornament

• 2 weeks later...

Guess as a workaround you can build stairs outside (but that requires carpentry and lets zombie in), or destroy some wall (preferably with sledgehammer, but bashing it with something else, zombies included should help too) if you just want to get inside, then optionally do the stairs+sheet rope from the inside for future as suggested…

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/06/2018 at 12:24 AM, Ornament said:

Fool on me... There was a little tree which grew through erosion. Didn't see that little boy. I even wrote a mod to unlock doors, but as it said, that there is nothing to unlock i was confused.
Damn... that little tree fooled me pretty hard...
Sorry guys

I actually wanted to suggest that as the same happened to us in MP few days ago :). It's kinda sad that you can't choose the side the doors open – when they are placed at the south for example, someone could block it from the outside.