Cars are broken again.

Connall

ORIGINAL POST BY: FakeTwo

Server: Ubuntu, i5 3570, 8gb

Clients: Win10 (i7 8\16gb ram)

Sometimes cars break, sometimes repair - this make our server unplayble...

Player get pylons, and then teleported to point where he get in car and DISSAPEAR

image.png.8f14a168334ca6001bffde5e7add7496.pngimage.thumb.png.ff2290dcc8b1cfde3403fbbd23a079c5.png

On clientside we have bugs with STUCKTRACEimage.thumb.png.4f4439ef0d799d22f27cb61c8e8cc78d.png

Serverside is clean - no errors even player dissapeared , teleported or etc.
image.png.e333215268c62b4960986f7bf1d5bc2e.png

may be some logs will help?

ORIGINAL POST BY: Batsphinx

Where in the world is the dedicated server set up, and where are players connecting from?

We're trying to work out if distance/ping have an impact on this.

And do you still find that the issue happens more when there are more players online at the same time as you?

Tentatively we have a fix for this, or at the very least an improvement that people's feedback from will lead to the 100% fix. We should be be putting out tomorrow I'd imagine.

Keep the info coming if possible though, as it's all useful.

ORIGINAL POST BY: Rick Sanchez

I play at the same server. Server is situated in Moscow, Russia, running Linux. Cars sometimes gets bugged even with 1 player online. It is looks like this is client side essue, because relogin or restarting steam on client side fixes it for a short period of time.

Batsphinx, ty for reaction!

Seems this BUG doesnt depend on distance\location, beacuse my server in RU(Msk) and no matter gamer from USA or my real neighbour with same internet.

When players on foot (even from USA) - no problems. Problems in car.

P.s. changing parameter WorldSaveTime from 0 > any > 0 make some spike, and m refresh

+ seems the bug only at Unix(?), 10+ palayers

Because other friend doesnt have any troubles, but he hosts at windows 5-10 players

Other friends who host at ubuntu have same problems like me..

ORIGINAL POST BY: Tuck

We're also experiencing this problem on our server with seeing the orange cones when in a car, but if you get out of the car you can continue, get back in, cones again.

At first it seemed to happen only when multiple cars were together, one following the other. I assumed it was an issue with RAM, so I increased the "seats" for the server. The issue appeared to go away for a few days.

Then 2 days ago I experienced it by myself and again when driving with another car and that person also experienced it alone on the server.

C860AB76DE01793C0BF9B98BDC8F604D058C549D00DA5299B1A46B92428780E891A51186BF5D5916

We started on 39.57 and have experienced this issue on all versions to 39.60.

@Rick Sanchez

How often is it happening compared to the previous build?

How many people are online at the time?

The previous bug we fixed was on players choosing to exit their cars - is there any particular trigger to this happening still?

ORIGINAL POST BY: EnigmaGrey

* Try setting PhysicsDelayServer to 0 in Admin Panel -> Server Config. It'd probably be best to restart the server after making this change, as you have to disconnect for it to take effect anyway.

* A video of the problem might be helpful. Does it look like this one?

* What are the server specs? What company (if any) is the server purchased from?

@Batsphinx

In my opinion it doesn't affected by number of players online, sometimes it appears even when i am alone at the server. After last patch this issue became rare, but still. If i get bugged like this, i wait when my car teleports back, than i quit it and press alt+f4, after i rejoin the server this bug dissapears for some amount of time. TY in advance.

ORIGINAL POST BY: Tuck

> How much RAM are we talking? What are you setting up the server on?

16 Seats. However much RAM that is at MultiPlay. We never went over 5 players online at once and most times it was happening with 3 online.

> A video of the problem might be helpful. Does it look like this one?

That is exactly what we experience. I'm pretty sure I have livestreams saved on DLive if needed.

> What are the server specs? What company (if any) is the server purchased from?

MultiPlay.

It happened more on 39.57 than on other versions for me personally. I will try the change you mentioned and see how it goes.

ORIGINAL POST BY: EnigmaGrey

Can you try changing the setting if not already? So far it seems to have resolved it for others.

Just might not want to restart it. Multiplay may reset the value to 500 on startup. Call /reloadoptions in local chat instead then everyone log out. :)

@Batsphinx

Yea, video shows the same issue, but his car teleports instantly after he quit it. When i quit the car it keeps standing for a while, and than teleports back. Another suggestion, when your car stuck at the edge of conuses zone and you press alt+f4 car dissaperars from the world permamently.)

The setting we're talking about, for clarity: "Try setting PhysicsDelayServer to 0 in Admin Panel -> Server Config. It'd probably be best to restart the server after making this change, as you have to disconnect for it to take effect anyway."