Climbing over cars?

So I've holed up above the shops in West Point on my most recent IWBUMS game, and am in pretty good shape as far as building up supplies for (my first) winter.

I'm in sandbox with all Sadistic AI options set to 'Sometimes' and zeds triggering house alarms to balance the extra points I gave myself on this playthrough; with that in mind I barely escaped the first heli event, so I've been fortifying and parking cars in front of all the barricaded doors and windows.

I then of course climb down the wrong sheet rope, and am now pinned in the entryway of the hardware shop unable to enter any of the vehicles or get back up the sheet rope I just came down.

I doubt the devs want to put time into adding new movement mechanics before the animations update, but if they could add some rudimentary 'climb over' action for fools like me who don't think things through it could potentially save players some grief in the meantime.

Maybe use the crawler animation?

It doesn't have to look good, just please don't let me starve to death in a doorway

Probably won't be added for a while, the only thing I could suggest so you don't die is download the cheatmenu mod, enable it and teleport to another area then run back home, then disable the mod again.

5 hours ago, Neutz said:

Probably won't be added for a while, the only thing I could suggest so you don't die is download the cheatmenu mod, enable it and teleport to another area then run back home, then disable the mod again.

That's done it!  Thanks very much for the advice

7 hours ago, hyperchondriac said:

I barely escaped the first heli event, so I've been fortifying and parking cars in front of all the barricaded doors and windows.

Not on topic, but I have a tip for the heli: when set to sometimes it comes back every 7 to 10 days (most of the times closer to 10). What I do is leave my safehouse zone in that time frame so that when it triggers it won't put my safehouse in danger, and also won't populate even more Its surrounding areas. Hope it helps.

10 hours ago, TheLeonBM said:

Not on topic, but I have a tip for the heli: when set to sometimes it comes back every 7 to 10 days (most of the times closer to 10). What I do is leave my safehouse zone in that time frame so that when it triggers it won't put my safehouse in danger, and also won't populate even more Its surrounding areas. Hope it helps.

Solid advice, I almost always did this before vehicles were in, especially if I spawned in the middle of nowhere.  Would you believe I didn't hear the heli because I had my sound too low...

Thanks for the info too, I'd assumed the timing was more random than that

Hopefully. Yous should be able to at least climb on top of a car. Something i've been thinking to make the cars more consistant with the rest of the game is to add more actions when you right click on a car(e.g. right click on a window and have the option to break/open that window, or right click on a door and get the option to get into that door).

Archived