Latest TileZed, WorldEd, and Tilesets (May 17 2018)

EasyPickins

OUTDATED
GET UPDATED TOOLS HERE:
https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/topic/35239-latest-tilezed-worlded-and-tilesets-april-7-2021/

Tiles

Tileset images

For Windows

TileZed + WorldEd 32-bit

TileZed + WorldEd 64-bit

Linux

TileZed + WorldEd 64-bit

This is a fix for the tileset-names search-by-name entry not resizing properly.

theres tons of tiles already and it would be cool if there was a notice like "added new communitychurch tiles" or "new wooden walls, roof accents and color variations" i got the one you posted a few days before this one and am still not sure if theres any changes / new additions / modifications done to any of the tiles in it. just wondering :) 

Edited by xXxFANCYCAPYBARA36xXx

4 minutes ago, RyGuy_McFly said:

If we have the editor installed through steam, is it automatically updated or must I use this install? Will I have the new tiles?

:shock: You see "Project Zomboid Modding Tools" in Steam?  I added that a couple years ago but they weren't visible to users.  I haven't updated them since then, so you'll need to download this version.

Hmm, okay then. I've been using the tools from Steam for a while now, they seem to work fine but I guess I'll make the switch then. Yeah they show up no problem if you go to Steam>Library>Tools, I actually remember noticing them a while back, just scrolling through before I even knew what PZ was =P

On 5/19/2018 at 4:21 PM, RyGuy_McFly said:

Hmm, okay then. I've been using the tools from Steam for a while now, they seem to work fine but I guess I'll make the switch then. Yeah they show up no problem if you go to Steam>Library>Tools, I actually remember noticing them a while back, just scrolling through before I even knew what PZ was =P

I updated Project Zomboid Modding Tools on Steam (Windows only), in case anyone wants to install them from there.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey there @EasyPickins

Is it possible to get an update to fix these objects? 

For beds and rugs, in particular, a lot of the orientations are "broken" with the wrong parts appearing in the wrong places.

For rugs, it's a little more frustrating, as there's a very limited choice of rugs that can be placed. One rug also exists with only one rotation. 

image.thumb.png.5a917e6c74d155a047e9fbaafad4ddd5.png

image.png

Edited by Bejasc
remove duplicate images

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, bobthejob said:

Hi! I'm confused how do I add this? like a mod? I never added a tileset before. thank you!

This is not a  mod or anything to be installed for palying the game. This is a tool for modders to make their own custom maps.

On 11/10/2018 at 1:12 AM, Bejasc said:

This is not a  mod or anything to be installed for palying the game. This is a tool for modders to make their own custom maps.

Thank you Bejasc! Would you be able to tell me how to install custom maps? I never learned how or found where to learn this. Do you know where I can find all the custom maps? I don't know where there are any! :(

Do you possibly know where I can find mods that change the look of all the graphics/tilesets in the game and how to add it to the game? I think it exists but I don't know where to find or use. Thank you so much friend! :)

2 minutes ago, bobthejob said:

Do you possibly know where I can find mods that change the look of all the graphics/tilesets in the game

There aren't any that I know of. I know Snake makes a lot of custom tiles for most of his map mods, so things look 'different' than normal. 

Most custom maps can be found on the Steam Workshop, it's as easy as subscribing to them and enabling them in game.

If you can't access the workshop, you're limited to what you can find here on the forums, or hosted on Snakes blog. If you install them in this way, you'll have to read the install instructions, I've never done it, but I assume you'd put it in your /zomboid/mods folder 

2 hours ago, Bejasc said:

There aren't any that I know of. I know Snake makes a lot of custom tiles for most of his map mods, so things look 'different' than normal. 

Most custom maps can be found on the Steam Workshop, it's as easy as subscribing to them and enabling them in game.

If you can't access the workshop, you're limited to what you can find here on the forums, or hosted on Snakes blog. If you install them in this way, you'll have to read the install instructions, I've never done it, but I assume you'd put it in your /zomboid/mods folder 

aye papi the whole page is in spanish, I have trouble reading! thanks though :)

• 4 weeks later...

I've been using the non-steam version for a while now, as I don't seem to have access to the "Project Zomboid Modding Tools." Which isn't the end of the world, I'm making due, however there is this rather annoying bug on (might be windows 10 related, not sure) where WorldEd doesn't remember to open the tiles in tilezed, so I have to do pick an app every time, which isn't too bad, but the issue is the pick an app option goes away but doesn't. Looking in my task manager they keep stacking up.

PICKANAPP.jpg

• 1 year later...
On 5/17/2018 at 3:35 PM, EasyPickins said:

Tiles

Tileset images

For Windows

TileZed + WorldEd 32-bit

TileZed + WorldEd 64-bit

Linux

TileZed + WorldEd 64-bit

This is a fix for the tileset-names search-by-name entry not resizing properly.

So this is the most up to date version of the editors and the comprehensive list of tiles? It seems it is difficult  to get concise information on PZ all in one spot. Mostly about dedicated server stuff and Map modding. I'm no pro so trying to piece it together best I can. :) Plus it goes back over a decade and it can be difficult to tell if info is still relevant or obsolete.  Really loving PZ!!!

57 minutes ago, Peter Lion said:

So this is the most up to date version of the editors and the comprehensive list of tiles? It seems it is difficult  to get concise information on PZ all in one spot. Mostly about dedicated server stuff and Map modding. I'm no pro so trying to piece it together best I can. :) Plus it goes back over a decade and it can be difficult to tell if info is still relevant or obsolete.  Really loving PZ!!!

Yes, this is the most up to date version of the mapping tools and tiles. There will be a new version once the current IWBUMS build is public. Check here for a guide on mapping: https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/topic/21951-the-one-stop-tilezed-mapping-shop/

• 3 months later...

Would it be much trouble to enable Wayland for Linux for the new version? I can override it to use X11, but having native wayland on this wouldn't hurt :)

Here's the log and workaround when you have QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland set globally

faalagorn@faalagorn-pc TileZed]$ ./TileZed.sh
This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "wayland"
in "".

Available platform plugins are: xcb.

Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
./TileZed.sh: line 12:  5566 Aborted                 (core dumped) $dirname/bin/$appname "$@"
[faalagorn@faalagorn-pc TileZed]$ QT_QPA_PLATFORM=xcb ./TileZed.sh

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • nasKo unpinned this topic